Menu
JMACR
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No surround sound with TIVO box

I have a Samsung Digital Home Cinema System and a Samsung  54" Plasma TV and a Tivo box. I can't get the surround sound to take the place of the TV speakers and I don't have a clue how to  make it happen, any thoughts?  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
JMACR
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No surround sound with TIVO box

Thanks Micky, Another friend has offered the same advice. All three pieces of equipment have audio cable port so I am picking one up today to try it, Cheers!! John

0 Kudos

All Replies
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If your sound system has an optical plug there is an optical socket on TiVo, plug from those two, if that doesn't work plug optical straight from amp to tv, you must turn off sound from tv speakers. Presumably you are connected from TiVo to tv via HDMI cable with those connections it should work. You need to explain what ports your sound system has if hasn't the above. Regards Micky

JMACR
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Micky, Another friend has offered the same advice. All three pieces of equipment have audio cable port so I am picking one up today to try it, Cheers!! John

0 Kudos
JMACR
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Surround Sound, Additional help required

got an answer from Micky to my post the other day which helped me get my surround sound to work thru my TIVO box. However, each time I turn on the TV I have to go to menu, select Input and then select - anynet+HDMI-CET that then brings up another menu which says "select device", I then have to go down to Receiver select it and switch it to ON. Each time I turn off the TV and then turn it on I have to go thru the same process. Anybody know a way to skip this.

Cheers

John  

0 Kudos