Menu
Jodejo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No subtitles on rented foreign film...

I've tried all the obvious things like turning on subtitles in Help and Settings and also pressing the Subtitles button. Is there anything else I should be doing? The film is unwatchable at the moment. Any advice appreciated!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
GarethF
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No subtitles on rented foreign film...

Sounds like the wrong version has arrived. Sure a mod will be along soon to get this flagged up

0 Kudos

All Replies
GarethF
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What's the movie? How do you know there should be subtitles present? As there are no subtitles on Virgin Movies I'd assume these would be burnt in if there were any

0 Kudos
Jodejo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth - the film is 'House At The End Of Time' and the synopsis says it's subtitled. It's an South American film and appears in the new releases section, so it's not obscure at all. Very disappointing as I've basically paid for a film I can't understand at all! Oh well, I just hope others don't make the same mistake - it's definitely put me off renting foreign films again in case it happens again :-(
0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds like the wrong version has arrived. Sure a mod will be along soon to get this flagged up

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodejo,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the subtitles didn't work on this movie for you.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have checked in the office and I was unable to find this film to test it out.  Can you please confirm the path you took through the menu to order this film please?

Once confirmed I can check further.

In relation to the cost of this movie, give our team a call on 150 Free from any virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line and we will sort out the credit for you.

I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos