Menu
Nikkikav
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No sound

The sound keeps going off on tivo. It's not TV as we have sound from that but as soon as we switch to the box....nothing.
Have check hdmi. Still getting picture. Just no sound. Yesterday switching off an on helped. Today it didn't. Any ideas???
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound

Hello Nikkikav,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

From the description you have given I would like to arrange for someone to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Leyland
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've been having this problem as well. It started about a week after we replaced the TV. TV is fine with all other connected devices (Apple TV, DVD and Blu-Ray). I have tried three different HDMI cables and I have tried all of the Dolby / PCM settings I can find on the TiVo and TV. Turning the TiVo off and back on does not help. The only solution I have found so far is to switch the TV to another device that is on and then switching back to the TiVo.

One of the many reasons for changing the TV was the occasional lack of video and sound from the TiVo. Always suspected the TV was at fault, but not so sure now. Too many recordings to want the TiVo replaced, so any other thoughts, comments, suggestions and good ideas would be most welcome.

TV is a Samsung KS7500 

__
2 x TiVo 1TB & 512GB - XL Package | BT Infinity :-) | Retired IT Professional :-) :-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Leyland

Sorry to hear about the continued problems you're experiencing with the sound on your TV service.

Are you using any audio equipment when watching your TV? Or is the audio coming from the TV via the HDMI cable?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos