Menu
cavalier1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No sound

I have just purchased a new Sony 49 in 4k television.and I have been having a problem with the sound.

When the TV is turned on I have picture but no sound until I change channel. The Tivo box is slow as well and I don't remember it being as slow with my old 12 year old LG.

My problem Is it the TV or the Tivo box at fault?  The Tivo box is around 5/6 years old.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound

Hi cavalier1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® box sound is not working until you change channel.  I will be happy to look at this for you and also check out why things are running slowly.

Regarding the sound, there's a couple of things I'd like to check out if that's ok?

*  Have to tried a different lead to connect the box to the TV set?

*  Have you rebooted the box to refresh things?

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and all signal and power levels are fine.

If you can also let me know in what way the box is slow?  Is it when you're changing channels, navigating the menu, ordering On Demand, loading of Apps?

If you can get back to me with the requested information, I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cavalier1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Collette

I have changed the HDMI lead and re-booted the Tivo box so I'll wait a few days to see if that has improved the sound problem.

The slowness happens on entering My Shows to watch a recording.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cavalier1,

Thank you for coming back and keeping us all in the loop here. I can see that a couple of days has come and gone since you last spoke to us. 

How are things looking now? 

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cavalier1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

I have just turned on the TV and sound but no picture until I changed channel. Seems to be a variation on the sound problem This has been the first glitch since the new lead and reboot.

I will see how it goes over a longer time frame.

Thanks for getting back to me. 

0 Kudos
alphabetagaga
Up to speed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi guys

my mum has the same problem. switch on tivo, no sound from tv until changing channel. intermittent too. some days it'll happen, others not. tried changing the hdmi lead - same problem. have rebooted the tivo numerous times. problem only started happening when she had her original tivo box (3yrs old) replaced with a new tivo just before xmas.

have had 1 engineer visit which was useless. didn't even suggest trying a different hdmi lead (which seems to be suggested here frequently)

so any suggestions please? i can provide details of her account if needed.

0 Kudos
cavalier1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

I was really fed up with the no sound problem and my local retailer suggested turning off my TV and the Tivo box together. Then on again the universal fix for tech problems. Turn on the TV allow it to boot up then the Tivo box this seemed to cure my problem. 

Hope this helps give it a try anyway it's easy to do.

alphabetagaga
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

touch wood... i think that has solved our problem too! switching on the tv first and then the tivo works just fine. 2 weeks now and no issues with silent channels on startup.

this only happened when we got a new box - a samsung tivo - is yours a samsung too?

0 Kudos
cavalier1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi alphabetagaga

Great news glad the fix worked for you. I haven't experienced any problems since either.
Oh my TV is a Sony.

0 Kudos