Menu
cat200ec
Joining in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

No sound on playback HD recordings

Hi all,

Can anyone help I've lost the sound on recordings when I play them back (HD recordings only)

no problem when watching them live. TiVo set to Dolby digital and connected to my amp set to auto.

No problem for the past 3 years!!!

Just checked my older HD recording that worked before and the sound has gone on then too!!!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
cat200ec
Joining in
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound on playback HD recordings

Just finished a phone to virgin and was told to change my settings from Dolby Digital to PCM because there is no fault with my TiVo box!!!

Really!!!

I've been watching HD recordings with Dolby Digital for the past three years with no problems.

After an extremely unhelpful and almost argumentative lengthy  conversation with a call centre switch board operative she enquired as to whether I would like to " escalate this " ? Meaning what?? Escalate the issue? the problem? the phone call? I found this quite a rude response to my query about the problem.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi cat200ec

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with the sound on your TiVo box lately.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you've spoken to the team, have you been able to try this with the original settings and without the amp? To simplify what could be causing this problem?

Take care and speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cat200ec
Joining in
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Already connected directly to my tv via HDMI but have the sound connected via optical to My amp on optical 1. Then I moved the optical to input 2 but still have no Dolby digital sound on play back.

So I connected my TiVo through my amp via HDMI and disconnect the optical lead and it works full Dolby digital on HD channel's live and playback and normal sound on standard channel's .

So from that there's a problem with the optical out on my TiVo box.
0 Kudos
CaptainBiggles
Tuning in
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Craig, Cat200,

I started having the exact same problem last night. Dolby not being output over optical when played off the hard drive. Did you resolve this problem?

Tearing my hair out here,

Joel
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joel,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing the same problem with no sound on HD recordings.

I'd like to test the TiVo® box remotely but have been unable to locate your account. I'll now send you a private message to get your account details. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
cat200ec
Joining in
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joel.
The only way round this for me was to loop the HDMI trough my amp and disconnect the optical. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
wd40addict
Dialled in
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

This is the same issue as

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/No-sound-on-recordings-and-after-pausing-or-rewinding-tv/td...

I'm not sure Virgin are taking it very seriously. However, it's happening to lots of different people using a wide variety of equipment, the only common factor is the Tivo box and the fact it used to work!

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
UsAtHome
Joining in
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.  Sound used to record perfectly in HD or SD,  Since 2 days ago HD recordings have no sound, either when recorded to a schedule or rewound/paused live TV.

I have not changed any settings, connections, volumes or equipment - this has manifested of itself.

Help please!

Thanks

0 Kudos
daddee
Joining in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

same thing with mine. virgin (not obligated to send an engineer) wont help. well virgin, i'm still in my 14 day cooling off on new contract, and the SKY is looking bright at the moment. do you actually WANT customers?
0 Kudos