Menu
LouN
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No sound on iPlayer

Hi

We haven't had any sound on BBC iplayer accessed through the TiVo box for some time. Any suggestions?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound on iPlayer

Hi LouN,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting sound on BBC iPlayer.  I'd like to help check this further for you.

I have carried out some initial checks and all signal and power levels are fine.  Can you please get back to me with the following details:

*  Will the loss of sound affect all programmes you order?

*  Will the loss of sound affect other Apps like Netflix or YouTube?  (If you don't normally use these, can you please test and let me know)

*  Have you rebooted the box to refresh the box?

*  Will this happen on SD content as well as HD content?

If you can let me know the above, that would be super.  I'm here to help so keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LouN
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Many thanks for the welcome and the reply. In answer to your questions. We have sound on all the other apps and catch up/on demand services.

With regards to iPlayer, there is no sound at all in either HD or SD content. This applies to all items we've tried to watch. It's been like this for ages. So the box has been rebooted several time due to other faults. The last time was yesterday, when the On Demand service was t working at all.

I hope that helps. I'm very grateful for any advice you're able to offer.

Thanks
Louise
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry again to learn about the inconvenience this is causing.

I'd like to request a member of our back office team fully investigate this and attempt to recreate the issue from our end, to allow us to do that I'd like to get some additional information from you. I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos