Menu
north
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No signal on all channels

Hi i recently had a fault with my tivo box so was sent a replacement but the new box when turned on out of standby which is usually in the morning will not show any channels and says no signal on every channel until the box is switched off at the plug and restarted then it will work fine.

Also when i rang up to arrange for the new tivo box i was told i can bin the old box away but now i have started to receive emails from virgin saying that as im not using the new box i must return it or be charged and another email has said i have not returned the old box following the instructions that came with the new one and will be charged but the new tivo box did not come with any instructions to return the old one.So how do i fix this new box and do you want the old box returned and if you do how do i go about that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal on all channels

Are there any lights flashing on the new box?

You'll need to return the old box. A collection label can be arranged by giving 150 a ring.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No one should have told you to throw away a tivo which is still a current box & remains virgins property. And if you do that you will quite rightly be charged for it. On request they will sent packages & labels free of charge.
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are there any error messages reported such as a W02 no signal message?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

Are there any lights flashing on the new box?

You'll need to return the old box. A collection label can be arranged by giving 150 a ring.

Not according to  

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/How-do-i-send-back-old-hardware/m-p/...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies for any confusion relating to equipment that needs to be returned to us. 

Recently we didn't need TiVo® boxes returned to us. However the returns list does change quite often. 

We updated the list the 12th December to needing TiVo® boxes sent back to us. 

In order to get a returns pack sent out for you I will need some information from you @north so I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos