Menu
Zabih
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No service for 48 hours due to neighbour signed up with my address

I have just been told that I can't access any of my services because one of my neighbours have given my address as theirs. I thought all customers addresses are in a computer database. I am shocked. Is virgin media going to compensate me for their system error. My phone my broadband and TV not working for next 48 hours
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No service for 48 hours due to neighbour signed up with my address

This is very odd but unfortunately you won't sort it out on here as this is primarily a user forum. The mods won't help due to the DPA. You'll have to phone in. 150 free from a Virgin phone or 03454541111. I'd suggest you tell them you want to cancel your contract due to this to get they're attention. And why on earth did your neighbours use your address?

Zabih
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I called them today and that is how I know I won't have any service for next 48 hours. I will call them again tomorrow and threaten them to cancel or sort out my services quickly. I have no idea how the heck my neighbour have done this and I don't even know which neighbour
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's just too weird! Yes call them.  And good luck I hope they sort it out for you. 

zilch
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There could also be an issue of identity theft - unless Virgin Media have made a mistake.
Zabih
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I called them up again and this time they said it is clerical error and they will make it up to once my services become normal. I could not force them because I am not on contract with them anymore since June 2016
0 Kudos