Menu
Kollerp
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No picture or sound

Hi

When we switch the tv off, say at night, and return to it later virgin will wake up and load but there will be no picture or sound. I can change channel and access the home screen but nothing will play. This includes on demand. The only way to sort is then to switch off at the wall and load from there which takes quite a long time. This is getting very frustrating and before we cancel are wondering if anything can be done?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Nasher
Joining in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: No picture or sound

I have the same problem I guess its because power is off overnight,and the answer is to leave it switched on BUT I dont see why I should have to do this - my sister has SKY and switches off overnight with no problems on loading the next day. I have multiple channels that cant be viewed, I mostly watch on catch up though so the only channel I would love to watch live is BIKE 552 but I cant - maybe time to go to freeview or freesat. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi that could be the problem these boxes should not be turned off because they are taking data all the time, this also applies to sky's equipment, both Virgin & sky update the electronic programme guides,and add channels & updates overnight when there are less people viewing. Regards Micky
Kollerp
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've been into the settings and switched off the sleep option. Now the box is always awake and it seems to have sorted it.

For clarification I was never switching the box off just the tv. However my settings, which I assume are default, was for my box to sleep after however long of inactivity
0 Kudos
Nasher
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

For the last 2 weeks I have not switched the box off overnight BUT this has made no difference at all, I still have multiple channels I cant watch as they dont load. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nasher,

Sorry to hear this is happening, I have located your account and what I would like to do is send one of the team out to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sgh279
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Could someone help my Mum please, I have just been round and she has no picture or sound. My Shows menu does display but playing a recording results in no picture or sound. The Guide displays but again no picture or sound. Could someone from VM please check her box please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
sgh279
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Could someone check the account please?

0 Kudos
Kollerp
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I am still experiencing these problems too...
0 Kudos
sgh279
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I myself have been contemplating going back to sky and the problems with my Mums box and lack of a uk call centre means my mind is pretty much made up.

0 Kudos