Menu
Mineralblue
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No picture from standby

I have the repeated issue with the TiVo box where I switch it on from standby and get no picture or sound. I can access the menus.
The only way to solve it is by complete power down and start up procedure.
I have had this issue with several different boxes. The last one was changed about 2 months ago. I called today to be told there is a fault in the area reported at 8am this morning. This is a different issue to mine which is always on going. Due to there being another fault reported I was told I could not book an engineer for my issue! Ridiculous.
I then asked for a credit on my account which I could. It be told how much it would be.
I then requested a manager and was put on hold for ages. A 15 minute call to a 0345 number off my mobile with no resolution.
Can someone call me please to get this resolved as I have had enough. I have no issue with my normal box in another room. Yet the person would not log my issue.
Regards
Morgan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No picture from standby

Hi Mineralblue

Welcome to the Commuity, I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the line from our end. We are seeing some problems in your local area which is causing no connection, although if you're able to resolve this every time by turning it off and on, it would be a different issue.

Are you using the same HDMI cable as before the last engineer visit?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mineralblue
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, I do not know, he swapped the box, I know not of the cable. Thing is I have had this issue over and over with various boxes. This was at my old house in tamworth and now the new one in Notts, where we had to have a new box due to being in a different area. It always works ok after a power off, full restart. I have given up calling because it's quite frankly a joke. Unless virgin get in this we will be leaving. I have tried to be a loyal customer for several years but quite frankly when i pay for a premium service I expect premium service, not repeated technical issues that you then can't resolve because the customer service is so bad.
A bloody shame because when it works correctly it's brilliant. My girlfriend was with sky, which isn't as good but at least it works. I convinced her to go with virgin when we moved in together. More fool me, I get it in the neck!
0 Kudos
Mineralblue
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, I do not know, he swapped the box, I know not of the cable. Thing is I have had this issue over and over with various boxes. This was at my old house in tamworth and now the new one in Notts, where we had to have a new box due to being in a different area. It always works ok after a power off, full restart. I have given up calling because it's quite frankly a joke. Unless virgin get in this we will be leaving. I have tried to be a loyal customer for several years but quite frankly when i pay for a premium service I expect premium service, not repeated technical issues that you then can't resolve because the customer service is so bad.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mineralblue,

Thank you for coming back and posting your message to us.

There does seem to still be an outage that is still ongoing in the area and with this is place, you may see some issues on the TV services in the home. The 17th of October should be the review date for this and please come back nearer the date to get an update for you. 

Once this is sorted we can certainly get this issue looked at entirely.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos