Menu
wefmarkc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No picture appears but sound works fine

As title says, this was on the first TiVo box and an engineer said it was corrupt hardware/software and swapped the box out.

It used to be only if switching to ITV1 from any channel this happened but last week or so it is on pretty much every channel.  I have to pause the channel then press stop and it makes the picture appear OK.  Does anyone else have this issue, or is it a case of calling Virgin and getting an engineer out to look at the box again?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No picture appears but sound works fine

Hey wefmarkc

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems with your TiVo box.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box for you, we're not detecting any issues with the set top box at the moment although I've requested a member of the team take a closer look, as soon as I hear back from them I'll be in touch.

How has this been since yesterday? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tecky7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am getting the same issue after the upgrade. when using the tivo box, the menu and selecting the items i get the no screen but sound is ok.

Done a reboot and after a few days it happens again
0 Kudos
colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had this very similar problem for months and was told nothing was wrong from VM side of things. Was occurring often and then suddenly stopped for a while. Only remember it happening the odd time lately.

I either had to wait about 10-20 seconds for picture to show up or press the back button twice. Can't say for certain if it only occurred when I used the back button but that was what caused it majority of times for me.

Hopefully you get an update on this, I'll need keep an eye out on mine again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey tecky7

Sorry to learn about the problem with your TV service, from checking your account I can see that a ticket has been raised for this to be investigated for you. 

A member of our team will be in touch when there's an update available, sorry again for the inconvenience this issue is causing. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wefmarkc
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still happens on some channels, it seems to be OK for a day or 2 then comes back again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi wefmarkc,

Thanks for coming back to us Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that this is still ongoing for you.

I have carried out some checks remotely and signal wise all looks fine.  I would like to send an engineer out to check this out for you.

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps Smiley Happy (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos