Menu
gorgsey
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No on demand or access to Netflix

Afternoon,

For the last 36hrs I've had no on demand service via my TiVo box and no access to Netflix.  I went through the online service status option for tv, and apparently it identified a fault that would take 10 minutes to resolve  - it didn't! Even after trying it 4 times over the last 36 hours.  With dread, as I've dealt with VM customer services before, I dialled 150.  After spending some time going through the automated service, including following the same 10 minute rectification as was offered online I finally got through to an operator.  We went through the same process quite a few times, unplugging and waiting, unplugging and waiting, unplugging and waiting.  (There was lots of confusion on his part about what the actually problem is).  Finally he decided it was a network problem and it would be fixed in 3-5 hours.  I asked a simple question that the on demand was part of the draw for me to have my tv package, and I've only subscribed to Netflix as the TiVo offers me the opportunity to have it on my main tv with no other equipment so would there be a credit added to my account to cover the loss of these services.  That prompted another 10 minutes attempting to rectify the problem and then a final call that it was a network issue.  I asked about a credit and he said there would be something applied to my account but couldn't tell me how much.

My question, after a fairly long explanation (sorry) is does anyone actually have any success in getting credit applied to the account following service outages.  Also having a look at the forum lots of people complain about a C130 and C133 issue, these did appear on my TiVo but once the top pictures on the homepage had filled in the fault vanished and I simply had a ondemand/catch up not currently available when I tried to select them, are these faults ever satisfactorily rectified?  It seems that they go on and on with a continued pushing back of target dates.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No on demand or access to Netflix

Hi Gorgsey

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your On Demand and interactive service recently.

To answer your question, we don't expect you to pay for a service you're not receiving, although with a feature like On Demand it can be difficult to calculate, as you're never charged for it individually.

How have things been for you lately?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos