Menu
jamspoon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No network connecting on first TIVo after installing second one

I used to have a TiVo and a V+ Box. Virgin recently offered me a free self-install upgrade of the V+ Box to a second TiVo as the V+ is going out of date.

Self installed the second TiVo with no problems, but have now noticed that the original TiVo has not connected to the Virgin network since the upgrade and reports "Network cable disconnected". I have just noticed that TV Anywhere only shows the new box.

Rang VM who ran checks and send some codes, but nothing has changed. Have an engineer booked for next week (earliest available), but program guide on the TiVo runs out this week, so think it will be inoperative over the weekend.

Am I right in thinking the new TiVo is blocking the old one somehow? Is there anything I can suggest to VM over the phone to get my first box connected again and save a call out?

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No network connecting on first TIVo after installing second one

i think it's it's unlikely your new TiVo is "blocking" your old, might you have moved your existing TiVo to the location of your V+ box and not reconnected things up properly?

your existing TiVo should have ~15 days of epg, does subtracting the remaining days on your epg from 15 get you to the date you did your self install?

0 Kudos
jamspoon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not moved the old TiVo, new TiVo has replaced the old V+.

When I look at the network connection details old the old TiVo the last connection was earlier in the day I installed the new TiVo (1st Dec).

0 Kudos
jamspoon
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update: I've swapped the boxes over and the problem moves with the box, so connections are OK.

Does VM think we have 2 TiVos or a Tivo & a V+, or would it not matter?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamspoon,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the issues you are having. 

The fact that the team have booked an engineer to come out tells me we have everything right on our side and it's more likely an issue with the box itself. As the issue moves with the box this also sets this firmly in my mind.

When the engineer gets there s/he will be able to get this resolved. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jamspoon
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just called VM as had no communications about engineer. I've been told the booking made when I called on 13th December for "a week on Monday" (21st Dec) was in fact for TWO weeks on Monday (28th Dec) and there were now no earlier bookings available.

Been given PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea SA7 9ZJ to lodge a letter of complaint which will be going in the post today.

0 Kudos
jamspoon
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just looked at the problem box and after 20 days of refusing to connect to VM to update guides etc the box is now working.

Last update was at 17:00, next due at 23:00, so I assume update is every 6 hours. Backtracking the last update would have been 11:00, which is about the time I made 2 calls to VM to find out about the engineer booking, but no investigation of my system took place then. After the calls I *did* go online to the diagnostics page and when it suggested rebooting I clicked the button to have VM initiate the reboot. So, could that be the solution? Don't reboot from customer end, but initiate from VM?

Anyway problem is currently fixed. If it's still working in the morning I'll cancel the engineer. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the epg updates do occur every six hours or so but only 1 per day will have the full daily epg update.

the other may contain corrections.

0 Kudos