Menu
Schmoovebaby
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No TiVo box or Internet since Tuesday

The green light has been flashing on our TiVo box since Tuesday afternoon with limited service and the Internet hasn't worked since either. Seen Virgin Media engineers in our road so no an issue with our equipment. Any idea when this will be fixed? Tried calling the helpline and was hung up on.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No TV or Internet since Tuesday

Hi Schmoovebaby, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

I'm glad the engineer got things working again for you. 

There is currently a fault at the address and we are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services there. Once the work is completed, any issues with slow speeds and/or intermittency will be resolved.

We are looking to carry the work out as soon as possible but in the meantime give the Customer Service Team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They'll be able to offer a credit for any loss of service until we complete the work. Just quote the fault reference: F003711247.

You can stabilise your connection by connecting up via an Ethernet cable if possible. If not then this link will help to improve your wireless connection

If you would like an update on this issue then just pop a post here and we'll happily provide one.

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know it is annoying but phoning is really the quickest way to get your problem sorted, you have to persevere, & hope you get through to someone who will book an engineer for you, posting on here may take longer for virgin people to respond. Micky
Schmoovebaby
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is an engineer working on it, but the issue on the website when I check the status is nothing to do with the problem we're having. Unless they've cut a cable by mistake or something!

The issue has now been updated to being fixed by 5pm tomorrow. I don't feel optimistic...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Schmoovebaby,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TV and Broadband services haven't been working.  I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?

I'm here to help so keep me posted on how you're getting on.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Schmoovebaby
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The engineer fixed it and it was working fine until mid week when the Internet kept dropping the connection. Apparently it's a known issue. Getting fed up now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Schmoovebaby, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

I'm glad the engineer got things working again for you. 

There is currently a fault at the address and we are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services there. Once the work is completed, any issues with slow speeds and/or intermittency will be resolved.

We are looking to carry the work out as soon as possible but in the meantime give the Customer Service Team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They'll be able to offer a credit for any loss of service until we complete the work. Just quote the fault reference: F003711247.

You can stabilise your connection by connecting up via an Ethernet cable if possible. If not then this link will help to improve your wireless connection

If you would like an update on this issue then just pop a post here and we'll happily provide one.

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Schmoovebaby
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath, when I spoke to customer service on Friday they did say I would receive money off my next bill so I will keep an eye out for that.

Seems to be working OK since Saturday, hopefully it stays that way! Can't say I'm too impressed as my bill has just gone up £5 as well...
0 Kudos