Menu
Elisha2603
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No TiVo NO tv

Yesterday we had a massive storm!! Today I've tried turning on our tv but there is nothing. I've called the helpline and followed the instructions to switch TiVo off wait so many seconds then turn back on, still nothing.

Called customer service this afternoon and followed all instructions but still am not receiving any signal from my TiVo box, so there is an engineer coming out on Monday to have a look.

Ive now tried connecting another device to my tv and yet again there's no signal, which I found odd so tried on another th and said device works. I've tested my laptop and hudl all via the hdmi port that my TiVo was connected via and nothing!!!!!

i have spent the afternoon googling the problem and I have found some people complaining about a TiVo box actually damaging the hdmi on TVs!! Is there anyone out there with some advice or knows who I can speak to.  Thanks 😀

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TiVo NO tv

Sounds like the massive storm has fried your HDMI port on the tv

0 Kudos
Elisha2603
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, there are 2 hdmi ports on the tv and it's only the one that the TiVo box that was connected to is dead, the other works and the scart works...

Its just 1 hdmi port and a dead TiVo box... 

May the time of the storm the to was turned off, in fact everything was except the TiVo box, which was on standby .

Has my TiVo box fried my to, and will virgin do anything 

0 Kudos
Elisha2603
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

auto correct is a pain!!! 😂

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elisha2603, 

Welcome back to the Community, it's good to see you're making yourself at home Smiley Happy

I am sorry to see that the recent storm has left you without services, this isn't the best and I've been into the TiVo and can see some errors that will need some looking into. 

I would like to arrange an engineer to come out and check the box out. I have to say if there is anything wrong hardware wise, the likelihood of a box swap would be high. Any recordings you have aren't transferable but the schedules are Smiley Happy

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Elisha2603
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ben thanks for the reply, I have tried to send you a private message but for some reason it won't let me.
I have already had an engineer out to have a look and have had to have a new TiVo box, I'm just annoyed that my tv has now a broken port where as before there was nothing wrong with it.
Everything else that I had connected at the time is all still working and haven't had an issue with. But the TiVo box and the port that it was connected via is now dead. 😬
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elisha2603,

Thank you for the reply and so soon Smiley Happy

I have been testing the inbox you have and you are able to send me a PM, if you give this a go now you should get some results Smiley Happy That's not great with the TV and I would feel the same way. I did have an idea of that you may be able to qualify under your home insurance, if you have cover? It's worth a go Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

0 Kudos
Elisha2603
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply Ben, yet again I've tried to messged age you but it keeps telling me the message does not exist!!

I've looked into claiming on home insurance but with £100 excess I feel it's unfair to be out of pocket.. I have read thread after thread about this happening so I'm not the only one. I have never had this before
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

They do say lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, so hopefully it wont happen again
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elisha2603,

Thank you for the reply, 

I am unsure of why this is happening to you but in the nature of getting and engineer out to you I would give us a quick call on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and ask to reschedule an appointment I will have ready for you.

I am sorry that the insurance wasn't beneficial for you, I would possibly inquire about a TV technician and maybe invest in some anti surge equipment.

Keep in touch and thank you.

Ben

0 Kudos