Menu
Ash164
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No TV socket

Can I connect my TV without having a TV socket because I roderder the whole set and I just realised we need a TV socket but Thry didn't send it or anyone came to connect it for me and they said I will have to wait for a whole month then they will send someone to set it up which is ridiculous.
I feel I just want to cancel the whole thing. There's no support from the team.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV socket

Im confused..I assume youve ordered a quickstart package?

Do you have one socket and two things to plug in to it (I.E HUB and TiVo) ?

Have the HUB and TiVo arrived?

0 Kudos
Ash164
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes they arrived and am using the internet but couldn't connect the TV
As it says in the booklet I have to have a VM Wall socket for the TV
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay that's not a huge issue, they can send you out a splitter, Ill flag it up for you but will be a couple of days before its picked up most likely..

In the meantime, check the boxes it all came in again- there's usually a splitter in the box...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash164

I appreciate you getting in touch with us and a warm welcome to the community forums Smiley Happy

I've checked in with the Quickstart teams and they are sending a splitter to you in the post and this will be with you in the next 3-5 working days. Please keep your eyes peeled for that through the post.

Once you get this if you can connect this to the current broadband point, you will then have a connection point for your TV service to be connected to.

Of course if your TV and broadband are in completely different rooms this may mean you need to wait for the engineer visit.

We are leaving the engineer visit there for you just in case this is still needed.

Once you get the splitter, just give the activations team a call on 0800 953 9500 where they will be happy to support you with this connection if needed. If not they will then cancel the engineer visit for you if you successfully connect the TV up.

Thanks too to @Kippies for the flag! Smiley Very Happy

Keep us posted on how this goes.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos