Menu
bognorman2002
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No TV or Broadband

Dear Sirs

A new cabinet was fitted in Boundary Road Petersfield in the GU32 area. Since then I have had no TV or Broadband. I have an engineer company out Saturday PM,  I have been trying to contact the cabling and cabinet team but get nothing back from them  I have  2 reference numbers 13178035 and 13200518.  Also I am very disappointed at the wifi speed I get even though I am paying for the 200mb service. The best I can get is 6am in the morning is about 75 to 90,  The rest of the day 12 to 45 if I am lucky. Sorry to complain

Regards Andrew

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the envelope icon (top right). Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV or Broadband

As far as the WiFi is concerned, there is not a lot VM can do about poor WiFi issues. The connection speed claim is for wired speeds only. WiFI connections are subject to many local issues which are outside the control of the ISP ( local channel congestion, building construction, positioning of equipment etc). Also what you have to bear in mind is that all ISP supplied routers are fairly basic, entry level kit. You can try tinkering with the WiFi channel output, & repositioning the router, but if WiFi is very important to you, the only option is to buy a purpose built DSL router, & connect the Superhub in modem mode.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
bognorman2002
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you  What DSL Router would you recommend please

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bognorman2002,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for taking the time to write to us Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about the services not working as they should, I've been looking into this and have found some detectable issues.  I would like to get someone out to you as some of the downstream power levels on the TV and Hub aren't working as they should.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos