Menu
littlebutterfly
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No TV Tech Support At Night - Why?

As  now seems to be a usual occurrence, our TiVo gave up the ghost at 12:15am - if it's not the TV it tends to be the BB.

After a reset and a hard reset didn't get the box back I tried calling only to discover that there is no Tech help for TV at night? Why is that then?  This said, the BB help at night is totally hopeless and very often after they've tried resetting your router they are all out of ideas and will simply ask you to call back in the Morning.

I did try the BB Tech line to see if they maybe could tell me about some outtage, but no.  Apparently they only do BB, but considering I'm only asking about an update of my Services, they couldn't help with that either.  

Mind you, they did sound like they were having a grand old time as my Agent was giggling throughout the call whilst I could hear Agents in the background whooping it up as they were online gambling and letting everyone - including me - know how their bets had done.Woman Mad

I am soooooo done with VM.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV Tech Support At Night - Why?

it's all a matter if cost v benefits and as most people are tucked up in bed at 12am there isn't much benefit and quite a lot of cost

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I thought it had to be 24 hour coverage because of the landline telephone service(?)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

zilch wrote:
I thought it had to be 24 hour coverage because of the landline telephone service(?)

there is 24 hour coverage for phone but not for TV, after all no TV at 3am is not exactly an emergency

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi littlebutterfly,

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your TiVo® box went offline at 00:15. I understand how frustrating this can be for you.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I can see the box is now back online. I hope the service has been restored now.

Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos