Menu
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No TV Channels at all - CR2 area

To say I am peeved off is an UNDERSTATEMENT. 

My TiVo is displaying absolutely NO TV channels whatsoever. NO issues are showing on the VM Status page for TV in my area. 

The TiVo is recording 2 programs - SAS and The Walking Dead but I can guarantee you that neither of these will be recorded. 

And before anyone says - turn your TV off and back on, sorry but doing that will 100% guarantee that these 2 shows will NOT be recorded. 

THIS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

Helpful Answers
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No TV Channels at all - CR2 area

Hi there deans6571, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you experienced a loss of TV service on Monday evening, and to be honest the best thing would've been to power off the TiVo®, though I can understand your reluctance to do that at the time of your recordings. 

Apologies for the delay in picking up this message, but as sjp123 stated, by bumping the post, it does knock the post to be bottom of the pile. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo® and can see no reason for this issue that you experienced, all power levels appear to be spot on, the hard drive isn't reporting any issues, and is operating at a perfect temperature. 

The only thing I can see is a bandwidth issue which may affect apps that use the modem side of the TiVo® - This may explain the reasons why you were getting the "Starting up" message when rebooting if the TiVo® modem was downloading an update or struggling to gain a connection at the time - This issue has been raised to our Network team and it currently has a review date of 25/11/2015

Apologies once again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have now manages to get the TiVo up and running propertly the only way I could - yep, you've guessed it, switching it off and then back on SEVERAL TIMES. Smiley Mad  

The first few attempts - it just kept getting stuck at the "Starting Up" screen but eventually it managed to spring back into life so I can now see all the channels again. 

Obviously, I've now lost the 2 programs I was currently recording - SAS School and The Walking Dead. I know it wasn't recording the programs correctly (whilst all the channels were blank) as when I went to play them back, there was nothing to play back. Luckily, both of these programs are being shown on a +1 channel tonight so I have now manually set these to record instead. 

Why has my TiVo done this tonight??? Smiley Mad

Can a VM rep please check the status of my TiVo as this is the first time this has happened. 

deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

..sorry but I AM gonna bump my own thread - seeing that I posted this last night and have still not received a response.

I DO NOT want to experience the same issues tonight or I will be massively peeved  - to say the least...............

Smiley Mad

deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

...I am gonna KEEP bumping this until I get a response. Posted on Monday night and today being Wednesday, and STILL no response from a VM rep?

Not good enough..........

Smiley Mad

sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Deans,

bumping a post will only move it up to the top and, as the VM reps work from the bottom up, you're only moving it out of their view.

apologies for bumping it up ~20 minutes further out of their view Smiley Happy

I think I'm on the same headend as you and I'm not experiencing the issue you're describing, call it in and see what they say but I'm guessing you're looking at a Help & Settings > Clear or Reset > Clear Programme Info & Planned Recs in your near future (make sure you DON'T select Clear & Delete EVERYTHING (my emphasis though that's how the menu option should read IMO) as you'll lose your recordings.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I just want someone from VM to run a test on my TiVo, to see if any issues are showing up.........

deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

....thanks for the help on this VM - posted this thread on Monday night and as yet - not even a single reply from a VM Rep

Whats the point of a "Help" forum, if help is not provided the day or day after a post is made??? I wanted my issue looked at on MONDAY NIGHT - not one week later, on Friday...........

Not Impressed.

Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there deans6571, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you experienced a loss of TV service on Monday evening, and to be honest the best thing would've been to power off the TiVo®, though I can understand your reluctance to do that at the time of your recordings. 

Apologies for the delay in picking up this message, but as sjp123 stated, by bumping the post, it does knock the post to be bottom of the pile. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo® and can see no reason for this issue that you experienced, all power levels appear to be spot on, the hard drive isn't reporting any issues, and is operating at a perfect temperature. 

The only thing I can see is a bandwidth issue which may affect apps that use the modem side of the TiVo® - This may explain the reasons why you were getting the "Starting up" message when rebooting if the TiVo® modem was downloading an update or struggling to gain a connection at the time - This issue has been raised to our Network team and it currently has a review date of 25/11/2015

Apologies once again

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules