Menu
Shellbo105
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No TV (Area 24)

Been without TV & Broadband since Thursday evening. Sky have Tweeted offering me a good deal to join them. NO news what so ever from Virgin Media.

If anyone from VM reads this - please confirm what is happening!

Numerous updates extending the deadline to fix - However, NO engineers are visible in locality.

If I don't get a response by 16:00 Today, I consider VM to have broken terms of their contract and I will approach Sky about their offer. 

0 Kudos
sparckzero
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Outage Area 24

The forum team will take up to a week to get to this post. Have you tried contacting VM technical support?

0 Kudos
mrssagheb
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV (Area 24)

I've had the same problem since Thursday 2nd July - 8 days!! I have called tech support 3 times and get the same response. It's outrageous that VM still hasn't fixed the problem. Don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
Shellbo105
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Myself & neighbour's have now been without broadband or TV for 9 days. 

Absolutely NO information received from Virgin Media other than the next-to-useless Service Status updates that keep getting bounced forward every 24 Hours. 

No one at VM will take the responsibility to provide an accurate timescale....If the necessary work won't take place for a further week - tell us! at least we'll know. 

As mentioned in previous posts, the need for a broadband connection to our house has become an urgent requirement and, as a consequence I've just signed a 12 month contract with BT for their fastest unlimited broadband and TV package which will be installed on Wednesday 19th. This will put an end to our nightmare. 

Whilst we will be keeping our VM connection for now I will be making a close comparison between the two providers and we'll see how it goes. 

Having been a VM Customer since they took over from NTL, this experience has shaken me. For a media company, the lack of information has been truly appalling. I work in a building with over 300 people and my story has become a thing of legend. People I don't know keep asking me how I and my neighbours are getting on etc. - bad publicity all round....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Shellbo105,

I am sincerely sorry about all of this.

I've responded to your separate thread so that we can chat some more.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos