Menu
UsAtHome
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No Sound on HD Recordings (Dolby D thru' optical)

Hi,

I still have no sound on HD recordings or after pausing live TV.

The problem is only apparent through an optical cable connection to my stereo, sound is present when connecting through the TV to the stereo.

This is not a problem with the connections as I have not touched anything and numerous people are reporting the same issue.  The sound is fine on HD channels when watching live TV.  It is also not a problem with the recordings as they have sound when connected through the TV but no sound when connected directly to the stereo via optical connection.

Has Virgin Media found the software bug yet and, if so, how do I update the software on my Tivo box to a release that does not have this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
UsAtHome
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Sound on HD Recordings (Dolby D thru' optical)

Sorry - just seen that the other thread is top of the list.

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No chance of a fix any time soon. Virgin Media are still busy rolling out the fault!!!!!!!!!

VM please do not phone me again to discuss my posts. I have not welcomed or invited such an intrusion.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Noir
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well guess what??? This just happened to me today!! I have had the software update and no sound through my Onkyo amp via optical. I just had a problem with my TiVo box last weekend and got it swapped for a new 1tb box and now the software kills it. I watch everything with my TiVo box via my amp and this happens... Virgin media you are going to lose another customer to sky!!!
Carpe Diem - Seize The Day
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Noir,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry you are being affected by this loss of sound issue that we have at the moment.  We are currently working on this to get this resolved.

I would like to request further details if that's ok?

If you can reply to my private message, that would be awesome.  

Thank you for your patience.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nuladen
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here, started a few days ago and is due to the recent upgrade from looking at other threads :/

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I just wanted to pop by and let you know that we are working on this at the moment.

In the meantime, the main thread this is being discussed on is here.  

We're keen to get a solution as soon as we can and shall update you as soon as we know more Smiley Happy

Thank you for your patience. 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
edstgock
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am now experiencing exactly the same issue - no sound from HD channels or recorded HD channels through optical - its very frustrating and I cant believe that Virgin Media could introduce such a major fault and not be able to tell me when it will be resolved.Come on VM or I am off to SKY. 

Just as an aside I notice that if you press 'back' on the remote ( twice) when watching an HD channel broadcasting in surround sound, you can get surround sound back temporarily (but only until you switch channels again and obviously doesn't work on recorded content which still display no sound.

0 Kudos
UsAtHome
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is there a resolution for this yet?  Virgin has not supplying the service I am paying for six months now.  For me the only resolution may be to switch to Sky.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hi yes you are right I connect direct from amp to tv via optical, I have a 1gb sumsung TiVo box connected with HDMI to tv, the sound just takes different route. I get perfect 5.1 & digital sound on HD live & on recordings. Hope this helps you guys as well. Micky

Tags (1)
0 Kudos