Menu
DaveMurray1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Signal

Had Tivo box for less than a week and have a long list of Recording Hiccups all with a No Signal error as the reason. The box has recorded some programs but around half of what I've set up hasn't recorded.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
sja
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Signal

Sounds like one or two (of the three) tuners is not working..... meaning that if more than one channel is recording at the same time then the failed tuner will not record in the background.

You can manually change which tuner you are watching via live TV to check to see if they are all working.

Press the 'Info' button while watching any live TV channel, then scroll down to the bottom item in the menu (press down 4 times).... this will show you a list on the right of what all the tuners are tuned into... press 'right' and then move up and down to select one of them to switch to.... check through each of them in turn and you may find some of them showing black screen with no signal.

I've had this several times before, simply turning the box off and on again has usually fixed it... if you still have a no signal on one of the tuners after a power reset then you may need to report it as a fault.

All Replies
sja
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds like one or two (of the three) tuners is not working..... meaning that if more than one channel is recording at the same time then the failed tuner will not record in the background.

You can manually change which tuner you are watching via live TV to check to see if they are all working.

Press the 'Info' button while watching any live TV channel, then scroll down to the bottom item in the menu (press down 4 times).... this will show you a list on the right of what all the tuners are tuned into... press 'right' and then move up and down to select one of them to switch to.... check through each of them in turn and you may find some of them showing black screen with no signal.

I've had this several times before, simply turning the box off and on again has usually fixed it... if you still have a no signal on one of the tuners after a power reset then you may need to report it as a fault.
DaveMurray1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You were right on the button there! The first tuner I went to has a signal error message on it. I assume that when there is a failed recording it is from this tuner?

I've just powered it off and on again, it took a good 5 minutes to restart which didn't quite seem right. I've flicked through the 3 tuners and they all seem to have a signal now.

Does yours keep happening every now and again? Not very convenient if you want to record overnight or when you can't check the tuners.

0 Kudos
trentman
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same issue for about a month now, losing recordings because of W02, C423 and R121 error messages, and last Monday an engineer changed my TiVo.

Next day W02 again. I rang 150 and was told that "a technician would work on my box remotely"  and to give it 24 hours to enable the problem to be resolved. Today W02 again. (A reboot certainly resolves the situation but it is not always convenient to carry this out).

I have two feeds into my house, one to my V+ box which is not affected by this problem, and one to my TiVo which has a splitter (for broadband) at the rear of the box.

As I have had two TiVos with this fault could the problem be with the cable between splitter and the TiVo, or even the splitter itself?

0 Kudos
sja
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DaveMurray1 wrote:
You were right on the button there! The first tuner I went to has a signal error message on it. I assume that when there is a failed recording it is from this tuner?

I've just powered it off and on again, it took a good 5 minutes to restart which didn't quite seem right. I've flicked through the 3 tuners and they all seem to have a signal now.

Does yours keep happening every now and again? Not very convenient if you want to record overnight or when you can't check the tuners.

On my TiVo it's quite rare, I've only seen this happen 2 or 3 times over a 5 year period, so not very frequent and so I don't worry about it.  I agree that if this were happening regularly then I'd be upset and demanding it be fixed. If you've only just started with a new TiVo recently then the tuner failure may be related (side effect) to the software upgrades  that would have installed automatically after you first powered on, as I noticed the most recent time this happened to me was also just after a software update.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveMurray1,

Many thanks for your message, welcome into the Community.

I am sorry to read that you have experienced some interruptions on the TV services in the home. After having a look at the connection and running some tests, it's clear to see that there are some issues that would need to be looked at and adjusted by and engineer. Your signal levels aren't working as they should and there are no known outages in the area.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos