Menu
londonarnold
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No Signal on Most Channels

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting a picture on most TV Channels on a TiVo Box with L TV Service, the channels that get a any signal freeze and block up often. I have a severe hearing loss and can't hear the options on the 150 helpline, any suggestion woukd be appreciated, thanks.

JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Signal on Most Channels

I don't mean to sound condescending, but have you checked the wire going into the back of the box?

It may have come loose.

If it isn't that, I won't be much help, but the forum team/other helpful members will be able to guide you in the right direction!

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
londonarnold
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've checked that, and also the wire coming from the splitter which is OK, so I assume it was just a setting in the box that the Technicians can adjust for each user so that they don't receive a signal, it's probably best just to cancel the TV service as this has been going on fo so long, I have a hearing loss so using the automated numbering system is impossible, have been paying money for months for nothing, no Government should toelerate the way Virgin behave, I'm cancelling, it's been a waste of time and money a real nightmare trying to ask for the most simple of tasks, have wasted days trying to get through to the Trowbridge Call Centre, it never used to be this impossible, what has happened that allows companies to abuse their customers, Virgin Representatives should be arrested and questioned by the Police.

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that, sucks that it hasn't been right for so long..

Maybe hold off cancelling for a few days, the forum team are awfully helpful, they just take a few days to get through the backlog of customer support on the forums.

Give them a chance, see what they can do Smiley Happy

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I understand what you are saying, and it is shocking that they aren't catering for your needs.

The forum team may be able to deal with your issue via text on this forum, so that would be suitable for you.

Again, I'm sorry to hear you've been treated like this, and I'm sure Virgin are too, even if they don't seem like it haha.

---------

0 Kudos
londonarnold
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

PLEASE MODERATORS HELP ME WITH THIS FAULT I AM PAYING FOR

Understand the Trouble for deaf and hard of hearing people, also the trouble the call centre causes, the waste of time and call charges, the frustration when you misunderstand and direct people to the wrong connection after you make them wait.

PLEASE HELP ME GET A TV SIGNAL BACK

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS

0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

http://about.virginmedia.com/press-release/9425/virgin-media-launches-video-relay-service

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/Sign-Solutions.html

Help for deaf and hard of hearing 

Hope this helps

It can take a few days for VM staff to reply via forums

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
londonarnold
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks and much appreciated, sorry for my silly comments, like I said my cousin works there long term, and I never mean to offend Virgin Staff or anyone Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
londonarnold
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jake, I really appreciate your input, I ran the self test for TV and the channels I've tried so far have come on properly for the first time in months, now this feels like a relief, lest I speak too soon, please God (fingers crossed)

Thanks and Bless Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I really hope everything works well for you, and stays working!

I'm happy that so far things are looking up Smiley Happy

---------

0 Kudos