Menu
AndrewFisher
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Red Button, Catchup and On Demand for 2 days PL6

Hi there,

Since Wednesday morning, 13th Jan, we've had no red button services on the BBC channels, no On Demand and no Catch Up in Plymouth PL6. The TV's showing the usual network availabilty error thing.

Yesterday, on the service status webpage there was a fault logged on there for no On Demand etc and today that has disappeared, so I'd assumed things would be back to normal, however the aformentioned services are still not functioning. I have one fault showing on there, F004153425, which is for problems with TV Anywhere, however that's working fine on my PC.

So I'm a bit puzzled? The 'run a test' option on the webpage comes up with 'inconclusive', whatever that might indicate (something inconclusive, I guess!) and I did ring customer services in India this afternoon where the young lady couldn't find anything specific at fault, though after about ten minutes did tell me there could possibly be some sort of network outage somewhere, although she didn't sound too sure or convinced about that, so that was bit inconclusive as well. No new fault has come up on the service status page since the phone call, though not sure if it would show on there?

Any thoughts?

Regards, Andrew

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Red Button, Catchup and On Demand for 2 days PL6

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for coming back and posting your comment again. 

I'm sorry to learn the On Demand and interactive content isn't working. I can see you posting a couple of days ago, can you tell me if this is the case?

I've been running some tests and everything is looking well, your power levels and signal levels are working well. 

When you see this happening is it producing an error code?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
AndrewFisher
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ben,

Many thanks for your message... that was my first posting on the subject, so no, I hadn't submitted that previously.

I did a system reboot on the Tivo box yesterday, and that appears to have resolved the On Demand and interactive problem, those features are all working normally now, which probably why you're getting a good respense on the system. When the red button was non-functioning, that was showing an A01 error - can't remember now what the On Demand error was. I would have tried a reboot before, but our red button service does disappear fairly regularly and quite often goes grindingly slow along with the rest of the Tivos menus, so I'd just assumed there was some sort of network problem. Perhaps I was wrong there and should have tried a reboot, although it can get a bit tedious doing that every time the Tivo box gets a bit clunky!

Regards, Andrew

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew,

Cheers for the reply, it's good to hear from you again Smiley Happy

Great news! These things can happen from time to time but if they happen again, we've got a bit of a back story now, so keep in touch and let me know here if you need any more support Smiley Happy

All the best and have a great week Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos