Menu
Jon12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No ITV HD on catch-up

Hi, hope someone can help. Had Virgin Big Kahuna installed on Saturday, soon noticed there was no HD content for ITV catch-up and very little HD content on other channels except BBC. Only option is SD and the picture quality is absolutely shocking: pixels the size of rubic's cubes. I have been given a total runaround by Virgin, who told me on Saturday that the problem was that because I had just been connected, not all the services were on stream and that I should wait till Monday (today). So I called them today because nothing had changed and I was told that sometimes HD would be available, sometimes it wouldn't! I think this is appalling! I feel short changed. HD was ALWAYS available on Sky, as long as the program concerned was originally available in HD.  Anyway, I was told I would be contacted within 2 hours by a manager, but was not, so called them back. This time I was told HD is NEVER available on ITV catch-up! Nobody seems to know what they are talking about. Can somebody please tell me what the situation with ITVHD in catch-up is please? And if indeed I'm never going to have it ALWAYS, whether I can get out of this contract and go back to Sky? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No ITV HD on catch-up

ITV put very little HD content on their player - same on their players on Sky and BT.  It is only recently they have put any HD content on there at all!

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

ITV put very little HD content on their player - same on their players on Sky and BT.  It is only recently they have put any HD content on there at all!

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
Jon12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nobody at Virgin has a clue about ITVHD catchup. Customer Relations called me back on Wednesday and said I SHOULD indeed be receiving lots of HD content. The guy even said he was going through the menu in his office and could see it on screen! Just don't know what to believe, all I know is there was way more HD content on ITVHD catchup on Sky. Not impressed with Virgin customer services at all.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon12,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've not had the best experiencing in getting some answers regarding ITV HD On Demand content.

I just wanted to come by and pop this online On Demand guide here in case it is useful for you in the future.

We're always looking to make things better with all aspects of our service and adding to our content frequently.  

If there is ever a programme missing that you think should be there, just give us a shout and we can look into it for you.

We're here to help anytime you need us.  Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Simand
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree, I am so disappointed with VM.  The catch up and on demand is shocking, it's either just not there or incredibly slow. 

0 Kudos