Menu
robbie7171
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No HD On Demand

Hi everyone, is anybody else unable to get HD content with On Demand Movies, I tried last night but everything was in SD. Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No HD On Demand

I've noticed the same and presume they are cutting down the HD content as a selling point for the replacement TiVo box. Virgin did the same with the old Virgin+ box to get customers to get the TiVo and then they can charge more for content.

robbie7171
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I thought that too but to have no movies at all in HD is a bit extreme lol. I checked online and it says sky cinema on demand HD only available to TiVo customers, which I am. Might have to give them a call
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When I click on a movie in Sky cinema on demand I get the option to select either the HD or the SD version.  You do have to be a subscriber to the HD version of Sky Cinema.

robbie7171
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am an HD subscriber but only seem to be getting SD, no option to choose at all. Definitely think I'll have to ring tomorrow
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

robbie7171 wrote:
Hi, I am an HD subscriber but only seem to be getting SD, no option to choose at all. Definitely think I'll have to ring tomorrow

Not all the sky cinema offerings are in HD.  Try looking in the 'new this week' section as they are most likely to have the HD option.

Bobkat
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here, since the upgrade there is no HD movies section, the only HD I can find is in the new releases section and not all of those are in HD , roll on the end of my contract, guess it's back to sky,  even the TiVo box is slow and crap..lol

Rob

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Since the beginning of this year the HD options of Sky Movies/Cinema has been vastly reduced.
I calculated it had been cut to a couple of hundred films compared to the 1000+ it should be and that there is available in SD.
I contacted them about this through this forum and they said due to work behind the scenes films would be on a 30 day period so 30 days after the premiere on Sky they disappear.
They said at this time that this would be for a temporary time. This has now been over 6 months since this news and still no improvement in fact with the software change they have made it worse as you can not find any HD films without selecting each film individually.

If any official forum staff member would like to comment or update on this I would appreciate it.

Otherwise any of you who are annoyed by this as I was I suggest you call them up and explain to them and then you may receive a 12 month discount on your Sky Cinema as I received when I called them.
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It would appear that the American owners of Virginmedia operate on similar lines of the the American owned football club Arsenal, in that that both charge extortionately,at the expense of their punters, with no improvement and running down to their services.

0 Kudos