Menu
atticuslincoln
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No EPG on TiVo box after power cut

Hi,

Anybody else completely lost the EPG on a TiVo box after a power cut?

48 hours later, after several 'reconnects' and 'restarts' and many hours waiting between, the TiVo box still has no EPG. Many lost scheduled recordings! Very unhappy partner! You can't even do manual recordings!

'Chat' was no help and the poor guy on '150' was fed some BS by his 'technical line' about the signal level being 'too high'! No problem with macro-blocking, and the SNRs all look good on the diagnostic screens. The second Cisco zapper box is having no problems whatsoever.

It really annoys me that the less technical may believe the BS. I guess we all have to wait for the engineer to call at some inconvenient time to address the issue.

a.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No EPG on TiVo box after power cut

Try going to home then settings, network, reconnect to virgin media network, this will take 30 to 45 minutes. Follow on screen instructions to go left then can watch live TV while it goes through the process. Hope this solves it for you regards Micky
0 Kudos
atticuslincoln
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As I mentioned, there have been several 'reconnects' - which it reports as successful every time, and two 'restarts'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi atticuslincoln

Welcome to the community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box at the moment.

From the notes on your account I can see the power levels the set top box reported being above the recommended range, the engineer will be able to take an even look at the set top box. In the worst case scenario, the engineer will need to replace the set top box, so I'd recommend taking a look at [How to copy your TiVo settings].

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, I'd love to hear how the appointment goes.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos