Menu
markmcg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No BBC2 Wales!

Been following Pro12.  But I can't watch a crucial game tonite between Ospreys & Glasgow, it is being shown only on BBCW, & I have just went thro' the channels & it is not there!  It is not even on any of the Scottish channels - very annoying!!!

I have watched other games via S4C/Alba/TG4, etc, but this is the first time it is 'exclusive' to Wales :-|

WHY!

(I did read previous posts about not being on the right 'headend' - but really!!)  Now seriously considering a move.

FWIW: 1xTIVO, 2xHD boxes, 152mb BB & full tv package, but can't watch a game....ggrr!

Rant over - unless someone tells me I missed it & it is on +++ channel! :-)

0 Kudos
markmcg
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: No BBC2 Wales!

Ok...Had a thought, would it work with an option on the 'red' button?  Will try later tonite - if so, I will rescind my rant, but VM should make it easier :-)

FYI: The post at top of thread on BBC iplayer / Sports App... is broken - displays a sad face.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It is live on channel 991 (RB1) - it is nearly every week

Should have tried 'search' on your TiVo  Smiley Wink

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Same as BBC2 Scotland/NI. Not worth the expence the additional equipment & piping it out from every Headend outside that region for no increased income. Same goes for all of the "wired" TV providers.

Freesat or Sky is the only option for "out of region" reception, but that is only because, by the nature of satellite, the beam covers the whole of the UK,

Usually any sport that doesn't have regional rights issues will be carried either online or Red Button to the whole of the UK.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
markmcg
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You're correct, I did see that but thought RB stood for 'Radio Broadcast'.

However, it was also on the red button as well Smiley Happy  - though it did 'jutter' occasionally

So apologies to VM for my previous rant Smiley Happy  - just not obvious & not in HD Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

congrats on amalgamating shudder and jitter into jutter - this will save many keystrokes Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

BBC2 Wales is NOT in HD anywhere  -  only the main BBC2 channel

A TiVo search for 'Pro12' found it straight away

markmcg wrote:

You're correct, I did see that but thought RB stood for 'Radio Broadcast'.

However, it was also on the red button as well Smiley Happy  - though it did 'jutter' occasionally

So apologies to VM for my previous rant Smiley Happy  - just not obvious & not in HD Smiley Indifferent

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi markmcg

Thanks for posting, it's great you found the content you wanted to watch eventually.

You could also use the handy search function in the TV Anywhere site going forwards, to look for content if you're having a particularly difficult time finding the channel it's broadcasting on.

You can find that here TV Anywhere, or you could use the app if you have this downloaded.

You know where to find help if you need us with any other queries.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
stevo611
Just joined
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just see your post from earlier last year with regards to BBC 2 Wales, I have TiVo also and hoping to catch a game on there Sunday.  Does the channel actually broadcast on there?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

BBC2 Wales is only available to Virgin customers served by a Welsh network headend. As mentioned above, it may also be broadcast on the Red Button channel (991) for those outside Wales..

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos