Menu
Dr_Dave111
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Nightmare on Virgin Media Street - HELP!!!

Ordered full Virgin media package; phone, 200MBs, movies, sports the lot, over one month ago.

Had site visit, all ok. Virgin bringing over my tel no and cancelling my BT Infinity Broadband from BT.

Installation for today but 7.30 pm last night, text from Virgin, cancelling my installation.  Now in set for 2 weeks time.

BT cancelling my broadband and phoneline today!  They will not put a stop to cancellation, as "Virgin order on their system".  Will not accept my request to STOP, say has to come from Virgin today, or my services will be cancelled today. Once cancelled will take two weeks for re-connnection. "Ask Virgin to contact us to STOP order of cancellation".

Spoke to Virgin ;  Policy is ; "We dont speak to other service providers , can only send electronic message which they will get tomorrow!!". 

Spent three hours on this already but Virgin will not help..  Pulling my hair out.  Son doing GCSES, I'm a doctor and patients call at home etc.  Can anyone help!!!!  No one in Virgin seems to be able to stop cancellation today and they will not help, even though this is their mess!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nightmare on Virgin Media Street - HELP!!!

The likelihood is that VM have found a problem with the drop cable under the street & it will need replacing, which is an external contractor job.

What I find worrying is that you have not only cancelled your BT Broadband, but also your BT phone line. Once you put a cancellation notice in, you cannot transfer your number to another provider, even if you have made arrangements with them to transfer. Line transfers & cancellations must only be handled by the new provider.

It is also advisable to overlap services so you run both for a while, as issues with cabling, & particularly blocked ducts can delay installs by several months while the required permits are issued.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Dr_Dave111
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I see what you mean.

I have only done what was advised by Virgin.  The issue is the orders on BT system are from Virgin, which they need to cancel it seems, but will not  do so in a timely manner.  Virgin left this till the last minute, and now will not respond to put a stop to their orders to BT they generated.

0 Kudos
Dr_Dave111
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Im quite happy to stay with BT, if VM can't provide me a service, but BT will not stop the cancellation/transfer without hearing from VM!!
0 Kudos
Dr_Dave111
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Update
Spent 4 hours and finally persuaded BT to reinstate my broadband and keep my phone line.

1 pm- phone call from VM installer outside my house, doing cable work, never cancelled as far as he was concerned, no need to dig up neighbours garden, as VM told me last night, simply sorted cabling, but no install as I wasn't home.

Called VM they can't understand why it was cancelled, or why they were told "the landlord had refused digging"

Feel like throwing up, is this madness what I should expect from VM? I give up!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dr_Dave111,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I am so very sorry to hear the worry we've caused you regarding the installation of the services.  This is not the ideal start we'd like for you.

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today? I can see that you've been in touch and that things are moving forward now.  I'm here to help so if you have any further queries or need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.  

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dr_Dave111
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dear Colette,

Thank you for your response. 

In fact I got a call at 09:51 hrs, this morning, to say the installation technician was outside my house ready to do install.  Only problem is no one had told me they were coming so I was at work.  I was able to speak to them and explain I hadn't been notified they were coming (in fact yesterday at 16:53 hrs I got a call confirming the install was on 31st May).  The man I spoke to agreed that they will return at 1.30 pm, so I have returned home (rearranging my appointments for this afternoon), hoping they will return.  They took my mobile.  Don't want to sound too pessimistic, but part of me is concerned that they may not return (it's only 1.46pm though), and I will be left hanging again. 

I am grateful as it seems there is now an effort to get this sorted, but really all I am interested in is sorting out my problem. 

If you are able to confirm they will return this afternoon, that will be very helpful?  I would have left my mobile here, but its a public site.  If you have it, feel free to ring me at home, or send me a private email, if you want my number.  Alternatively you can respond on this site, which I will keep open.

Regards and thank you

Dr DAVE111

0 Kudos
Dr_Dave111
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dear Collette

Sorry to have to place another chat.

Was supposed to be 1.30 pm, but its almost 4 pm now. 

Is there anyway of knowing if they are coming? 

I need to pick kids up btween 4pm-430 pm, so just want to know.

Regards

Dr-Dave111

0 Kudos
Dr_Dave111
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

FINAL POST

Finally came 6 pm.  Worked till almost 11 pm.

The two chaps were very hardworking and helpful.

One TIVO and two V+ boxes installed.

Broadband up and fantastically fast comapred to my previous BT infinity 2.

Virgin Full package hmmm, seems not as full as what we had on SKY, especially catchup, on demand, but cheaper monthly!!

Overall now satisfied

Thank you to all those who made this happen yesterday.

BW

Dr Dave 111

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dr_Dave111,

Thanks for the updates and I'm sorry for the any concern caused over the appointments being rescheduled on the day for you.

I'm pleased to hear that we got a positive outcome in the end in terms of getting your services installed ok.

I just wanted to pop this here as well in case it may be useful for you in regards to the TiVo® service: Discover TiVo®.

If you have any questions or need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos