Menu
emgerrard
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Newly installed TiVo box very noisy

Hi, I have recently had virgin media installed in my new house 6/11/15 the TiVo box makes a terrible churning whirring noise. It is very distracting and I can hear it even when the tv is on. At first because of the date it was installed I actually thought it was fireworks outside in the distance! I have left it until now because I thought I may get used to it but is driving me insane. Could I have a faulty box? I have had a TiVo box in my old house and never had any problem with it and it made very little sound. 

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Newly installed TiVo box very noisy

if it's vibration being amplified by the shelf it's sitting on try lifting the TiVo up and seeing if the noise reduces in which case some rubber feet might help but...

as the only moving part in a TiVo is the hard disk - I'd strongly consider calling it in and getting it swapped before you start building up a backlog.

0 Kudos
emgerrard
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I thought it could be the vibration so have tried lifting it and it is definitely quieter but still quite prominent. The tv stand is the same stand that the old TiVo box sat on. Do you know who I would contact about getting it looking at? Thanks
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

150 from a VM landline or 0345 454 1111 if not.

you could try the Chat feature, log into MyVirginMedia > Help & Support > TiVo > Chat Online

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi emgarrard,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your box is running on the noisy side for you.  I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?

Did you get through to our team in the end?  If not, give me a shout and I'll be more than happy to help out.

Keep me posted, I'm here if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
emgerrard
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everyone, virgin came out and replaced the box, it makes a slight 'processing' sound now but a fraction of the noise it used to make so much more manageable, the engineer did say the box sounded very loud! Thanks for all your replies!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emgarrard,

Thank you for coming in and posting back to us Smiley Happy

I'm chuffed to hear that the noise is considerably quieter now and that you can enjoy your shows without interruption Smiley Happy

If there's anything that I or the Team can help you with please post back and take care Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos