Menu
Urshiem
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New user with catch up tv problems.

Hello, I had Virgin installed on Wednesday, already I am experiencing problems.

i did a search for The Catch and found just one episode on demand, however when I try to view it says On Demand is currently unavailable.  I have reset my box as suggested with no luck.

Strangely, other shows are available? 

Then I noticed only 1 episode of Educating Cardiff is available, but other programmes have several available to view.

Also, on box sets when I watch something. I've had to leave and then go back to, it doesn't remember where I've viewed to - or at least I can't see an option to resume where I left off? 

Any help will be much appreciated, I'd rather not phone up as I hate ringing call centres! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New user with catch up tv problems.

Hi Urshiem,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Catch Up is lacking in programmes.  I'll be happy to help also with the error you're getting.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks great at the moment with the signal.  How are things looking today?

If you're still getting an error message, tell me more what it says and if it quotes a code or anything and I can check further.

Also, I thought I 'd just pop our On Demand Guide here incase it may be useful for you.  Also this Discover TiVo® link I hope will be helpful for you.

Keep me posted on how things are today, if you need any further help let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Catch & Educating Cardiff are both on Channel 4, where the CatchUp service is just the "best of the last 7 days".

When you're seeing shows with more than one episode, I'll wager it's either daily programs where you get several episodes a week, or BBC shows which have 30day expiry as per the online iPlayer.

0 Kudos
Urshiem
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is no error code it just says that it's not available.
Other Channels catchup seems to be ok.
Thanks for your reply.
0 Kudos
Urshiem
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for responding, is this unique to Virgin then? 

I am sure I could get previous episodes on channel 4 catch up when I was with sky? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Urshiem, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Checking the 2 programmes you've mentioned the episode on Catch Up is updated once a week where the previous episode is deleted ready to make room for the new episode. 

If you go online and use our TV Anywhere then you will find all episodes within the series for both programmes as you view them directly via Channel 4 Catch Up service. 

I've sent some hits to the TiVo® to see if this resolves that error message you are seeing. Can you try again for me and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos