Menu
JohnnyBristol
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New update on Tivo ie. format changes.

After returning from 1 week holiday I have found that there has been a change to the format for user operation. I find this a lot worse than the original operatios and have been encountering a lot of problems that didnt exist previously.

the whole system is very very slow and freezes all the time when changing from page to page. also have same problem with programmes not recording with the same reason being "power loss" when this I know has not happened.

What a co-incidence that this has happened with somebody updating the software!!! How has this been implemented and has it really been fully tested because the problems I am experiencing are not acceptable to me and is extremely frustrating, I have said from the first time I used Tivo that the V+ box was far simpler to use and also gave that answer in feedback surveys. 

Helpful Answers
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New update on Tivo ie. format changes.

Parrotperson wrote:

Also they know they have a software glitch that stops TiVo recording when in standby so for the moment don't put it in standby. 

...I'm sorry but surely that just cannot be correct??? Smiley Surprised

If you are saying that the TiVo, will not record ANYTHING, whilst it is in StandBy, then that is one MAJOR problem which would effect pretty much 100% of all TiVo users.

Can we have a statement from VM about this please?!

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On the remote control Try pressing thumbs up thumbs down play play. You should hear a beep if the box has accepted that input. It did speed up my box quite a bit. 

Also they know they have a software glitch that stops TiVo recording when in standby so for the moment don't put it in standby. 

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Parrotperson wrote:

...I'm sorry but surely that just cannot be correct??? Smiley Surprised

If you are saying that the TiVo, will not record ANYTHING, whilst it is in StandBy, then that is one MAJOR problem which would effect pretty much 100% of all TiVo users.

Can we have a statement from VM about this please?!

Brava210
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Join the club

Our Tivo is now as useful as a brick

Slow and does not record 95% of programmes

RUBBISH

Anthonyec
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Whats worse is that Virgin know of the problem but haven't bothered to tell users, so some poor souls will just miss recorded programmes and not know why, this is an absolute joke.

Anthony