Menu
Wonds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New tivo news?

Any news on new tivo boxes? Mine feels like it's getting slower and slower and trying to use the apps is ridiculous. Lately things that I have recorded freeze and turn to pixilated mush.
For the money we pay we should surely get a decent product? If the tivo 2 or whatever it's going to be called doesnt come out soon I will be switching providers, I don't care about faster and faster download speeds.

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New tivo news?

Hi Wonds,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've had a look at your box and I can see an issue with the input signal. I'd like to send a technician to manually adjust this for you and check over the TiVo®. I've send you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can  arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is the only official news so far:

http://virg.in/BeFirst

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Matt-09
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not a good looking box by any means Smiley Surprised
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From the faults you have mentioned, in the meantime it may be best to have your account checked as that is not the overall service that customers are experiencing.
0 Kudos
gplh
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

having had this issue myself and browsed the forum it is an issue that is an upgrade issue and there even is a vm post on this with delete thumbs as a temp fix and those who get v23 seem to be better
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Wonds,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've had a look at your box and I can see an issue with the input signal. I'd like to send a technician to manually adjust this for you and check over the TiVo®. I've send you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can  arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Wonds
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just had a technician out to look at my system. Found my TV signal was weak and fitted a signal booster and replaced my cisco tivo box with a new Samsung unit.
Wow what a difference so far. Menus load up really quickly, no more double clicking and ending up on a random screen.
I'd like to say a big thank you to the technician and also Josh and Rose who messaged me before the visit.
0 Kudos