Menu
lez1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New tivo box keeps losing connection

My tivo box was installed on Monday.  It stopped working on Wednesday night.  After an hour on hold and then getting cut off I gave up on 150 and went to bed.  It was back on in the morning.  Then it happened again 20 minutes ago.  I went online for Virgin to test it and it came back on.  However, it is proving a lot more unreliable than my V+ box.

Has anyone any idea what is happening before I'm forced to ring 150 again?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New tivo box keeps losing connection

Howdy Lez1,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message, welcome into the Community.

When the TiVo goes down it's never the best, my apologies on this. I have ben able to test the TiVo services and I was able to find that one of the signal input levels aren't what they should be.

I would like to get this looked into and adjusted by an engineer. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lez.

Unfortunately, the TiVo box is notoriously slow and temperamental. It has been ever since it's launch. The recent update hasn't helped at all in terms of performance, more of a cosmetic update.

This forum is littered with 1000's of dissatisfied customers.

See this thread for example:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TIVO-running-ridiculously-slow-Is-beco...

Then there's the lousy Virgin Media. Customer Service. A painful, miserable experience, again there are literally thousands of examples on here and the web from furious customers.

It would be interesting to see how VM deal with your issue. Good luck!
0 Kudos
lez1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The bloody thing has been cutting out all night again.  I'm presently waiting to speak to customer services.  After being told i'd have a 3 minute wait, I have now waited 10 minutes.  Last Wednesday night I waited 45 minutes and then got cut off without speaking to anyone.  Tried again and then the same thing happened.   10 more minutes and I'll be trying their disconnections line.  I am thoroughly peed off with this now.  And they have the gall to announce price increases!!!!! 

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear that. But I've been there so many times over the years.

I'm free now as I've cancelled😃

Virgin customer service is akin to being dragged along a path made entirely of barbed wire whilst being torched with a flame thrower.
lez1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apparently there is nothing wrong with my box or line.....................they can tell this from their end.  But they are going to monitor it.  I am now on hold waiting to speak to someone else to see how long I have left of my contract before i can move to Sky.  Another night spent listening to their music instead of watching the tv that I pay for

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nothing will come of it mate. Especially if your calling them at this time of night as your call is being sent offshore.

Due to the recent price rise, you are well within your rights to cancel, without incurring any penalties. The terms and conditions you signed to, allow this.

That's what I did.

See here for details...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2016/08/virgin-media-to-hit-customers-with-price-hik...
0 Kudos
lez1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers.  I need to phone in the morning to end my contract with them as, apparently, it's too late now.  And you're right, both people I spoke to were from offshore call centres.  The lady I spoke to about my contract did offer to send out an engineer.  Strange that the other lady who was discussing my tivo box trouble didn't do the same.  The virgin rep who pmed me on here wanted to sort an engineer visit out as tests showed that one of our boxes wasn't receiving properly.   I  thought it'd be easier to arrange by speaking to someone but ................

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I hope you get it sorted, I know how annoying and frustrating this must be for you.

It's laughable that different people from VM are giving you contradictory advice.

Pathetic that a communications company fails to listen to its customers and give them consistent information.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi lez1,

Thanks for keeping everyone updated on this.

I can understand your frustration, getting contradictory information from agents definitely doesn't help!

Our diagnostics can sometimes vary depending on the signal strength at certain times of the day (peak times for example). This might explain the variety of answers you've received.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with the Input Signal. This is the signal that feeds your TV and Broadband services. To sort this out, we'd need to send a technician to manually adjust the signal levels.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment for you.

If you have any questions or need some more information around this then please let me know, I'm here to help!

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos