Menu
baz89
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New tivo box hard drive annoyingly loud.

I recently got my tivo box replaced and the deep thudding noise from this new one is driving me crazy, it's not a vibrating issue because picking it up off the cabinet has no effect, 4 family members have tivos and none are this loud, it can be heard over the TV, is there any chance I could get this one replaced before I get all my series links and things sorted? I'd really rather not phone customer services, it took way too long to get them to send a engineer out last time for a box that wouldn't turn on at all so there's no way they will for this, any help would be greatly appreciated, I really can't live with the noise from this one. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New tivo box hard drive annoyingly loud.

Hi baz89,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear that the noise issue hasn't been resolved.  

I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call out and get this sorted for you.  I will send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Cheers Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi baz89,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your new box is running on the noisy side.  I can see you have an engineer booked to call round and sort this for you.

It would be great to hear back how you get on afterwards so please keep me posted on how you get on Smiley Happy

I look forward to hearing from you.

baz89
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for replying, a engineer came out to fix our signal, I mentioned the box being loud to him but couldn't show him it because the noise comes and goes as it pleases, it really is distracting and not something we're going to be able to live with, is there any chance you could send us out a new box or a engineer to replace this one? The customer service over the phone is atrocious and don't listen/care, no amount of resets or signals sent down the line is going to fix a hardware problem, we refuse to use them again. My partner is talking about moving to sky and I'd much rather not do that, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Jodie.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi baz89,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear that the noise issue hasn't been resolved.  

I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call out and get this sorted for you.  I will send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Cheers Smiley Happy

baz89
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help guys, engineer came out today and replaced the box without any problems, we now have a quiet box again, thanks for making it really easy, if only the customer service over the phone was so helpful as you on here, anyone who isn't getting anywhere over the phone I highly recommend getting your issues sorted here, again thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Keyzer_Soze
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pleased to hear that this can be resolved easily, just got TiVo installed yesterday and it sounds like we've got a drummer in the corner of the room.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Baz89 Smiley Happy

Thanks for popping back and letting the Community know about  your experience. I'm really happy that this has been sorted and things are peaceful once more.

If there's anything that I can do for you please let me know here Smiley Happy

Take care. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keyzer_Soze Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming back and posting. 

I'm sorry that the TiVo has been making some loud noises. I would like to ask if this noise exists when you pick up the TiVo? After testing the TiVo it's showing some very healthy signs so nothing out of the ordinary on the hardware.

Also, I know this may not be an official remedy but I have found that sometimes making sure than the feet of the box are placed on top of something soft whilst keeping it well ventilated.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos