Menu
steven_gfm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

New tivo box 2016??

So today as my wife phoned virgin to activate our services. The lovely woman on the end of the phone started making chat as we waited for my tivo to update and work. We got on to the subject of sky Q and asked if there were plans from virgin to have a new set-top box, which she replied yes it will be white to match the new superhub 3 and will have amazon prime on it and other details she don't know about and should be realsed in 6 months or so. So I was wondering has this been confirmed by virgin media officaly as if it has I have joined virgin again at a great time ☺
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New tivo box 2016??

No. I'm guessing it's market sensitive information so they won't tell anyone til they're ready. It's sounds a bit like the US TiVo Bolt And VM don't do things very quickly so 6 months could be two years. 

Dint hold your breath. 

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No. I'm guessing it's market sensitive information so they won't tell anyone til they're ready. It's sounds a bit like the US TiVo Bolt And VM don't do things very quickly so 6 months could be two years. 

Dint hold your breath. 

steven_gfm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I thought that, I was just a little hopefull as someone that works there mentioned it, and I got a little excited the tivo bolt looks awesome. If virgin get there hands on it I will be a very happy customer.
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

steven_gfm wrote:
So today as my wife phoned virgin to activate our services. The lovely woman on the end of the phone started making chat as we waited for my tivo to update and work. We got on to the subject of sky Q and asked if there were plans from virgin to have a new set-top box, which she replied yes it will be white to match the new superhub 3 and will have amazon prime on it and other details she don't know about and should be realsed in 6 months or so. So I was wondering has this been confirmed by virgin media officaly as if it has I have joined virgin again at a great time ☺

...Superhub 3????

I still have the Superhub 1 - never even realized there was a Superhub 3?!?!?

Smiley Surprised

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Technically there is no Superhub 3. Its a Hub 3.0 (VMDG505).

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Someone on another forum is quoting a VM employee as saying they are working on a non-Tivo, Liberty Global Horizon solution but it is not going well so don't expect anything anytime soon.

Don't know if that is any more credible than any other rumors but with Tivo Inc's change of direction, new CEO and financial situation and the current unresolved issues, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
enigmatic1
Just joined
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to someone in a Virgin Media retail unit and saw the new Superhub 3 on display. They also confirmed that a new TV box was in the pipeline that would support 4K video and will be available in the summer.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

enigmatic1 wrote:

I spoke to someone in a Virgin Media retail unit and saw the new Superhub 3 on display. They also confirmed that a new TV box was in the pipeline that would support 4K video and will be available in the summer.

You must have spoke to someone in the "make it up as we go" department, there may be new boxes in the pipeline but generally the minions on the shop floor hear about it when the shiney brochures get delivered, the are plenty of NDA's that prevent them knowing anything about new equipment until it's announced as this is commercially sensitive information

thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No "stopping the rot" to Virgins slow, unintuitive, clunky, neglected, suffering tv platform until at least 2017:

http://vmhd.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/new-tivo-boxes-delayed-until-2017.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/04/24/virgin-media-turns-up-the-television-volume-to-transf...

So just the ******, even slower interface downgrade replacing text with pretty pictures to make the tv experience even more convoluted mixing in all the paid for on demand content without fixes, so marketing can laughably describe the current offering as SkyQ-esque.

This user has left the community.
Browser01
Superfast
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Not the first time we have heard of incorrect info being given out by the telephone 'help' team and other VM employees.

If the answer aint on their computer screen they make it up it would seem.

The VIrgin shops are no better. My daughter was told that they had two of the type of phone she wanted.

After a fifteen mile trip (30 miles there and back) plus a fiver charge for the carpark we were told that they only had one and we couldn't buy it as it wasn't on the computer.

Funny that because they got the info from the computer when they told her they were "in stock".

We got no apology for the mistake they had made and I had to 'squeeze' hard to get the car park ticket validated by them.

The 'manager' was scruffy unhelpful and thought it was something to laugh about.

Useless....where do they find them?

(Managers name and shop location available on request)

I won't be going back!

0 Kudos