Menu
alok_s
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New joiner experience

We moved to Virgin Media from Sky about 6 weeks ago. I have to say that our initial impression is less than positive. The TiVo remote and menu navigation is much slower and not intuitive. Also once you start from standby it takes nearly 1-2 mins before the remote navigation starts to respond. Why do you have to go through so many button presses to watch your recordings? On the plus side the picture quality looks better which is strange as we haven't changed TV. I'm even more disappointed with Broadband. It was labelled as much faster than Sky but in fact it slower. My 10-year old keeps complaining about the slowness. And we just received a letter within the first month that our subscription will be going up next month!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New joiner experience

Re slowness http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Slow-TiVo/td-p/3195456

if you've had a letter re a price hike you have the right to cancel the contract without penalty. 

I'm not a BB expert but you'll only get exceptional speeds on a wired connection. Wifi will slow things down considerably but best post in the BB forum for help 

0 Kudos