Menu
Krankenwagen
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New (ish) Virgin TV box - No smart card

So I took a little longer than expected to contact virgin, but anyhow, last month the engineer installed two Virgin TV boxes, one big one in the living room and one smaller (tivo?) box in my room.

The box in my room came with a smart card and works perdectly, however, the bigger box in the living room did not come with one (there is nothing in the packaging) thus prohibiting us from using it.

is there anyway for a smart card to be delivered?
Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New (ish) Virgin TV box - No smart card

What error message are you getting on the bigger box - this will be TiVo.

TiVo boxes don't come with phsyical Smartcards now as they are automatically authorised by Virgin Media systems. Smartcards are still needed for the older V boxes, which is why you had one included for the smaller V HD box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Krankenwagen
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The error code was 3005

Any help would be great

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Krankenwagen,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your new TiVo® isn't working. I can certainly understand how frustrating that can be.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. I can see an issue that will require a faults engineer visit in order to get this resolved for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Speak soon.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Krankenwagen,

Just checking back as I haven't had a response to my PM requesting details in order to book an engineer for you.

Please let me know if you would like further help with the TiVo® issue you have reported.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos