Menu
BeeJay1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New installation, no Catch Up TV

Connected to Virgin just this morning.  The TiVo box is showing as a connected device in the Arris router but the TV always says Catch Up is temporarily unavailable, same with On Demand, and the Games app isn't working either.  I've tried rebooting the TiVo, no change.  The TiVo is connected by Ethernet with Homeplugs.  The Homeplug software reports speed about 80Mbps and has previously always worked faultlessly with my TalkTalk router and TV box.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New installation, no Catch Up TV

Connecting the TiVo to the router has no affect on On Demand, it just allows you to use the TV Anywhere app on a phone\tablet as a more advanced remote control.

The various online services on the TiVo can take up to 24 hours to become active after installation.

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

First thing to know is that TiVo has its own 10mbps connection so your BB speed is irrelevant 

When you first connect it takes a little time to populate so try home-help-settings-network-connect to VM 

0 Kudos
BeeJay1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I didn't mention my BB speed, I gave my network speed over the Homeplug network between router and TiVo.  Homeplug delivers its data over the domestic mains.  My cable connection to Virgin Media is fine for both TV and internet.  The problem is with catchup and on demand.and persists 12 hours after installation was completed so it is not going to cure itself.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Connecting the TiVo to the router has no affect on On Demand, it just allows you to use the TV Anywhere app on a phone\tablet as a more advanced remote control.

The various online services on the TiVo can take up to 24 hours to become active after installation.

BeeJay1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.  I wasn't sure how the TiVo worked with Catch Up and On Demand but as they are both internet based I assumed they would get their data via the router.  Pleased to hear that isn't so and hope you are right about it just needing a bit more time :-)  However I seem to have a new problem today, with serious picture breakup on the main HD channels.  BBC1 and BBC2 on channels 101 and 102 were unwatchable though I found I could get BBC1 OK on 108.  I haven't been given a TiVo user guide - is there something else I should be doing or should it just work?

0 Kudos
BeeJay1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You were right, Catch Up and so on have become available about 26 hours after setup.  No sign of the earlier picture breakup now either, looks like it does take a while for a new installation to settle down.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BeeJay1,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a rocky start but glad to hear it's all working now!

Keep an eye on it and give me a shout if you get any more trouble.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
BeeJay1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Josh. TiVo wise everything seems to be working now but I am getting quite a bit of annoying pixellation during Catchup. Live TV is generally free of it so why would that be? Is it a common problem? Never experienced it when I was on a copper line with TalkTalk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BeeJay1,

Glad the TiVo®'s working but that On Demand break-up is a bit annoying!

I've performed a diagnostic on your account and I can see an issue with the signal that's likely causing the trouble. We would just need to send a technician to manually adjust that signal.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos