Menu
Sarah_Kelly
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New install - insert smart card 3004

Hi there,

I received my new box and router this morning. Set up as per instructions however it keeps asking me to reinsert my smartcard (despite it being in the correct way up!)
Phoned and was told this should be resolved by taking out and resinserting multiple times until this worked. Did this 15+ times on the phone however no change to error message. Guy on the phone basically gave up and assured me it will work eventually and to keep trying. I have now done this for 30 minutes and tried switching the whole thing off and on and no change to message (error 3004)

Wifi also doesn't seem to connect at all. My phone recognises it and let's me put password in but cannot then use Internet as it says no connection?

Not sure if these issues are connected but it's very frustrating!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New install - insert smart card 3004

Phone it in again. Did they s no an activation code? Did they ask you to (carefully) wipe the smart card before insertion?

you may need an engineer but if you do they won't charge you. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Phone it in again. Did they s no an activation code? Did they ask you to (carefully) wipe the smart card before insertion?

you may need an engineer but if you do they won't charge you. 

0 Kudos
Sarah_Kelly
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, each time I spoke to someone it was "wipe with a soft cloth and put back with the red up the way!"
phoned again yesterday evening and they have arranged the engineer for tomorrow! Managed to get the wifi up and running which is great!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarah_Kelly

Welcome to the Community Man Happy

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your services lately, although I'm happy to hear that you've got an engineer appointment for today.

I'd love to hear how it goes, if you need any assistance after the visit, you know where to find us.

Look forward to hearing how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos