Menu
vadek
Rising star
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New features

I'm not sure what it means to Bookmark a recording before it's been recorded.

How do I force an SD recording when an HD is available? I sometimes do this to save space. Just specify Never in HD? I used to set a recording for the SD channel rather than the HD one.

Is there a change log for this update? Have I missed something? Has the manual been updated?

Please, no sarcasm or patronising. I haven't been on here for a while and only noticed the update today. I did search for "update" before posting this and found nothing recent.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New features

Most of the changes are listed on this DigitalSpy thread:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2146098

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Most of the changes are listed on this DigitalSpy thread:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2146098

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks nodrogd. I don't think I have a use for any of the new features, and it still won't let me add more than five minutes padding, sadly.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Here's a brief summary I provided in another thread:

Series Link+ now allows you to specify Channel = All, allowing TiVo to schedule on any channel, SD or HD.

Series Link+ now allows TiVo to look in On Demand, Catchup and Netflix to find a program.

On Demand and Catchup menu system is now picture based, rather than text based.

If you search and find something in On Demand, Catchup or Netflix, but don't have time to watch there and than, you can put the program in My Shows where you can easily find and play it later.

There is a Continue Watching in On Demand where you can return to previously watched incomplete programs.

I'm sure there's more.

vadek
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie. I'm not sure yet about the SD/HD thing. It will be a help at times but it may get in the way. I'd have liked a "Prefer SD" option for when I want to save space. Maybe if I select a specific (SD) channel, it will still ignore the "Prefer HD" and allow me to save on disc space.

I'll have to experiment.

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Streaming seems to be the latest emphasis, but I've never had much luck with streaming. BBC iPlayer is unreliable. I had Netflix for a while, but my Sony TV handled it better than the TiVo. I've also tried Amazon Prime Video recently, but that's not available via the TiVo as far as I know.

0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If anyone here has this update, could they test whether the year-old optical audio output bug has finally been fixed? That's the one where playing back recordings or watching delayed TV won't output the Dolby Digital audio and audio output just gets muted (although it works for fully live broadcast viewing). Thanks.

Andre

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I found something new that I actually like! When displaying a list of recorded episodes, pressing blue reveals all episodes in all seasons for the series, so you can see which ones you've recorded, which are missing and how many seasons there are. Very nice.

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just as a postscript: one new feature of the upgrade is that it's very slow. It can take an age to display the list of recordings or start playing a recording. Once it's done it the first time after switching on, it speeds up. But that initial lag is unacceptable. It's obviously underpowered.