Menu
bookeyuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New customer TV/Phone/Broadband - 2 faults already

Hi all,

So new customer provided with a self-start kit due to previous property owners had Virgin.

Kit eventually arrived and broadband works generally ok, but not overly stable and peak time speed degradation.

Phone does not work at all, tried the CS line and was told no fault found it must be my brand new phone as its never worked (it's new so it's never been plugged in anywhere else!!)

TV , where do I begin... the TiVo box is slow slow moving between menu options or responding to button presses on the remote, really thinking of cancelling within my 14 day window and ordering Sky...

2nd issue there is a noticeable clicking noise from what I assume to be the TiVo hard drive unless you make a mental note to put the box in standby, it's really distractig and not 'right'.

Final issue is the house has two white boxes where the coax terminates, 1 in the living room and 1 in my office, i'd like the Broadband router in the office and the TV in the Living Room, should I just be able to move the route up to the office?

CS said no and I'd have to have multi room, which is clearly wrong as 1 TV package is fine, it's the broadband I want to relocate to an existing connection.

Summary.

Poor delivery experience - 2 weeks from ordering.

Poor CS experience - wrong or useless answers, and the problems still remain.

Poor user experience - the TiVo service just feels clunky and I can't find a way for the broadband router to respond to external pings.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer TV/Phone/Broadband - 2 faults already

Honestly that sounds normal for Tivo, they are really slow and do make a tapping clicking noise.  If this is a deal breaker then you might need to think hard about the 14 day cancellation period

In regards to the broadband, no harm trying to move it

0 Kudos
bookeyuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, I'd rather not have the hassle and Virgin just provide a TiVo box that does not make any odd noise, also a working phone line would be nice.

Do Virgin CS team not frequent these forums?

0 Kudos
Davebristol
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Today I cancelled Tivo and went back to Sky. I spoke to a very nice gentleman at customer service who explained that the last software update was a total disaster and has affected boxes nationwide, however there is a fix due out very soon, in his own words "will make the box lightening fast!  

Tivo has never cut it for me, the box it's self is very clunky and as for any OD services, YouTube, red button and Netflix forget it! 

My box is very very very slow,  noisy and very unresponsive 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bookeyuk,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had, this is not the impression we want to leave with our new customers!

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can discuss some of the account details with you.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos