Menu
terrynorth
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New contract

I have just had to cancel my TV package. But to keep my BB and phone I have to sign a new 12month contract. Why do I have to?
I asked the rep and all I got was "because you have to". Think ill cancel the rest
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract

Hi terrynorth

Thanks for getting in touch with your query regarding the need to re-contract when your package was changed recently.

My apologies you were not given an explanation regarding the reason this happens when you changed your package line up with us.  The reason this happens is, when changing to a package, we may need to add a new discount to the new line up to give you the best value service we can.  In doing so our systems re-contract based on the new discount credit code being applied.  You can opt out of receiving this discount and this would not re-contract you as a customer, however, the majority of our customers would rather have the best price so accept the new 12 months contract.

I hope this helps with your query and if there's anything else we can help out with, please just let me know.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
lempsky
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What deal did they offer you BB and Phone..

0 Kudos
terrynorth
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ended up keeping the same package but got 3 months movies and sports. But no new discount credit code has been added and my new bill is even more expensive now.
0 Kudos
lempsky
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh m8 you dropped the ball there,get back on to them you can have bb and phone as forum team just explained,not to late to reverse that deal,allways ask for advice on here if unsure..lets no how you do Smiley Wink

0 Kudos