Menu
nicobs
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New box making aounds

Changed packaged and received updated box. Noise coming from it is like hot water bubbling in a boiler or someone rapping fingers on a surface in the next room or a disc in a computer going round and round. Rather annoying. Want to use my old box. Any others had same issue?
0 Kudos
christinamcf02
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New box making aounds

Hi,

I am having the same issue having to turn my box off at night because I'm unable to sleep with the noise my box is a year or so old though but has only started to make this noise for thr last week. Think a new box is required as i got a new power supply from VM thinking it was that but still same issue is so irritating and can't dull the should. The tivo box in my livingroom has no sound off it at all so not sure why the newer box is a different make of tivo box though is cauing issues. Hope you get ypur issue fixed.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi nicobs,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I  just wanted to pop by and see how things are today.  If the box is still running on the noisy side, it's worth trying little foam cushions under the feet of the box as this will help eliminate any vibrating sounds the box is making against the hard surface it's sitting on. 

If this doesn't help with the noisy box, let me know and I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nicobs
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I've tried a rubber mat underneath and still have the noise unfortunately. Virgin coming out during the week. Thanks for ur reply
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicobs,

Cheers for getting back to us on this, I'm sorry that the rubber feet haven't resolved the situation, this usually helps.

I would like to know when they are coming out to see you as I'd like to keep an eye on it for you?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
nicobs
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch. They are coming out in Wednesday of this wee and my slot is from 4.30pm
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nicobs,

Cheers for getting back to me so soon Smiley Happy

I would like to help and if there's anything that you need in the meantime please let me know here. 

Speak to you tomorrow Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
nicobs
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So Virgin engineer came and said its the hard drive and nothing they can do. I said I'll try it for a couple more days and if not will ask if I can have my old box activated
0 Kudos