Menu
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 1 of 325
Flag for a moderator

New YouTube TiVo® App

Hi

We’ve launched a new version of the YouTube app on your TiVo box. 

More here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/YouTube-TiVo-App-Update-9-7-15/td-p/2848223

Please use this thread for any enquiries or issues using the new app so we can help as quickly as possible.

Thanks

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Bearbiter
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 325
Flag for a moderator

Re: New YouTube TiVo® App

Thank you very much. The wait is over.

Cheers

BB
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 325
Flag for a moderator

I Can't Believe It - It's Back!!!

So far, YouTube is working perfectly. The new changes take a little bit of getting used to but these improvements are much better than the previous app!
0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 4 of 325
Flag for a moderator

I'm having a few problems with video playback in the new app.  All videos that I've tried so far seem to stutter constantly.

TobyTyler77
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 325
Flag for a moderator

Hallelujah, Forgive and Forget , move on, well done, much better app, Thank you, grievance over! xx
0 Kudos
paulgm
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 325
Flag for a moderator

Great that it's back,3 things though, as someone said it stutters all the time,picture quality has gone down and

stupid adverts.I watch youtube on Tivo because the picture is better,not anymore,You dont get the stupid adverts,I

want to watch a video not an advert,not anymore

Bearbiter
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 325
Flag for a moderator

I agree with the observations made above:-

Buffering: seems worse than it was before ie I never experienced buffering before the new app (lucky I guess) but now I have seen "stuttering".

Adverts: yeah. These have appeared before *every* video I've selected so far, whereas before adverts seemed to be random or after so many viewings. I haven't used my tablet to set up playlists yet, however, so perhaps this advert intrusion will be reduced accordingly?? I realise that adverts pay for YouTube, and maybe this is Googles model, but overuse (of adverts) might reduce the people prepared to watch through them??

Picture quality: I've yet to watch hd video sources specifically so can't comment fully. However, as mentioned, the "stuttering/ buffering" issue *did* lessen my enjoyment, so perhaps I confused this with picture quality??

Otherwise, top job!! Keeping us better informed, though, would have been appreciated by many people here.

Thank you

BB
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 325
Flag for a moderator

Most often, there is an option to terminate an advert after 4 seconds.
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 325
Flag for a moderator

Buffering

Yes there is some buffering. However, for now, I've managed to overcome this by selecting the onscreen 'pause' and then 'play' buttons (from the drop-down menu) at the beginning of a video - after doing this it plays smoothly.
0 Kudos
paulgm
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 325
Flag for a moderator

I know you can cancel the advert after 4 seconds,that was not my point,my point is that it was not there before on  youtube when watching with Tivo on the TV,so why has it appeared now.I watch youtube on the TV because there is

no adverts.