Menu
handd18
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin Contract

Tried signing up last Year with Virgin but they messed up. This Year, after Sky price increases went back to Virgin, 4 boxes, Broadband and phone £20 per month cheaper.

However, asked to stay in for Survey from 8am to 1pm no sign of engineer contact Virgin they said survey completed a few hours earlier how frustrating, checked that they have picked up known access issue, yes they said

Last Friday, install took 6 hours part of which was because of access problem so proving survey had not been done.

In terms of service, I was told I would get everything I had with Sky, record-able boxes, access to box sets and catch up.

Only to find within 24 hours after install that Catch up and Box sets not working, Error C501 and also to find that you can not download Catch up or Box sets and, Sky movies many are chargeable or sign up to new Sky Premier.

So, now Sunday and 48 hours after install, it is apparent there is a big divide between the sales team who just seem to say Yes to everything and also a massive disconnect between the Pre-install team and the contractors they use

In other words the Virgin offering is tricky, although staff mainly polite and helpful there is a disconnect between process and what is actually happening.

Tomorrow, I am phoning Virgin and complaining and cancelling and whoever is at the top of this heap needs to get on the ground floor and see and listen to what their customers are getting and tighten up the whole process and communication and what they are offering.

So, tonight with Box Sets and Catch up off, I might as well be watching freeview which is £1100 per year cheaper.

Its a shame, I suspect it is hard for Virgin to compete with Sky, one assumes fibre network compared to satellite is more expensive to run and also Virgin are dependent on a lot of their content from Sky so appreciate the business issues but, as a customer, I would recommend Virgin charge more but offer a terrific service that is way beyond what Sky can offer, why aren't Virgin providing data storage services and this like this with their network would be easy, but, I think until senior management get a grip they will continue to fumble along

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin Contract

Have you reported your fault? 

There is a new box coming to rival Sky Q around the end of the year. No details as yet but suspect it will offer what we all want

if you want Sky Cinema (what was Sky Movies) the buy a Now TV box and pay £7 or £8 a month! Much cheaper. 

0 Kudos
handd18
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin Contract

Sadly, I have just told Virgin to come and collect their equipment.

I think if people in Virgin Sales we more honest when comparing between Virgin and Sky, at least we could make an informed choice not to find out after installation it is not what you thought you agreed or were told

0 Kudos