Menu
bobcook11
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New VEVO App

Has anyone tried this yet?

For me the 18 second adverts work fine, but when a video starts it stutters horrendously!

Can't be my internet connection as everything works fine through my smart TV, just another disappointing TIVO app I guess Smiley Sad

Tags (1)
NickNewark
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: New VEVO App

Very slow, I tried to watch last night, and it's dreadful!. I'm out of contract in March and cannot wait to ditch TiVo, it's slow, laggy and generally poor. Virgin really need to up their game with TiVo, especially with ongoing price rises. 

carlgoss
Up to speed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hells teeth! Can nothing be got right?! The ship is nearly sunk I fear.. oh and the rats are off to the land of Q!

V6
200 Mbps
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Very odd - it is playing perfectly for me..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobcook11,

Welcome to the forum community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the new app.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks and currently there is some high demand on the network you are connected to.  This has already been escalated to our network engineering teams to work on.  It can take some times to make the necessary improvements to alleviate the high demand issues.

This is something that will affect all apps used via the TiVo® until the high demand issue are resolved.  Looking at the ticket raised relating to this we're due an update by the end of tomorrow, if things haven't improved by then, don't hesitate to give me a shout and request an update.  The reference number for this is F003377876.

I hope things improve for you soon.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My sentiments exactly....tried it tonight. Takes ages to load, mystery how you activate playlists, unable to return to main menu once a video has ended. Would rather Virgin remove all the garbage from TiVo and concentrate on general performance and a reduction in price increases

Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wow - another comment I could have written! The amount of times I have complained of slow TiVo and they response as if it's the first time they've heard of it. All the apps on TiVo are useless - including iPlayer. Miles better on a mobile device which shouldn't be the case

Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there NickNewark,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing some lag when watching the new Vevo app, I've done some tests no your connection and can see that the network is quite busy, so I've passed this over to networks to investigate. 

They have provided me with the reference F004157334, initially this has been given a review date of 19/01/2016 -  however this is likely to change once the network team have been able to assess exactly how much work will be needed in the area. 

Apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Goatmasterfunk. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the full Vevo experience. I've had a little play around with it myself this morning, and was able to locate my Vevo playlists with no issue at all. 

Firstly you need to log into Vevo over at http://www.vevo.com

Once you've logged in then go to http://www.vevo.com/activate - now load up the app on your TiVo®. On your remote control use the left arrow key and you'll see a menu pop up from the left of the screen, scroll down to settings, and click on OK. 

You'll now get a page load where you'll see something that says Activate device. When you select this, you'll be presented with a code. 

You need to enter this code on the computer or device that you browsed to http://www.vevo.com/activate

Once you hit activate, you'll see the screen change on your TV, you are now logged in to Vevo. 

To access the Vevo playlists which you've previously created, just use the left arrow and click on "Playlists", and you'll see all the playlists which are available. 

Should you wish to log out of Vevo, then go to settings, and you'll see the sign out option. 

Once you've watched a video, should you wish to go back to the menu, just click on the left arrow button on your remote. 

I hope this helps you out. 

cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

ScottyUK
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The new Vevo app works fine for me without any activation etc. However I can't search. I've tried using the arrow keys and tried using the numeric keys like a phone pad but still nothing. How should it work?

<solved> Closed app and when launched again it worked. Doh!

Paying NTL since '96
TV XL, Tivo, V+ HD, 30Mb b/band, Phone XL, VirginMobile PAYG
0 Kudos