Menu
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New V6 box - account not set up correctly error (M63)

New box, 2 and a half months after ordering and installed 2 days ago and working fine. All good last night. Turned on tonight and got this error! Old TiVo box upstairs works fine, same account. Customer services tried sending signal down the line but nothing.

Running network connection in settings and on the connecting section gets a failed whilst negotiating error!

Help....
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box - account not set up correctly error (M63)

Afraid the only thing to do is to phone again. Ask for the V6 team (I believe they have a dedicated set of people who you know know what they're doing 🙄) but just out of interest did they get you to reboot? Always worth a try although doubt it would work for this. 

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Was on the phone waiting for 30 minutes for 2nd line support and gave up.  Discovered then that the engineer had insisted on connecting the box to my 2GHz wireless network and it suddenly didn't like it.  Reconnected to the main 5GHz and all sorted.  The engineer told me the 5GHz was less reliable with the V6 box unless it was in the same room.  Didn't believe him at the time but just wanted it installed - he was 12+ hours late.

Fixed now and working again.

Menu speed on the box is fab - where it needed to be.  Not sold on the other features - or lack off rather.  Expensive upgrade and install for faster menus!

:-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey jnoble

Thanks for your feedback on the V6 and for letting us know that the issues you had getting this connected have been resolved.

Hopefully the new features available will grow on you over time Smiley Happy

These include:

• Additional recording capabilities, 6 not the 3 the TiVo currently has
  • Option to save and download recordings to your tablets/smartphones etc.
  • Smaller box saving space and more streamlined.
  • Lose your remote function on the main V6. Always handy-especially in my house Smiley Very Happy

There are other benefits too and you can check them out on the V6 link above.

Thanks too for your feedback on the most recent pm. It's great and I'm glad to have been able to have helped there.

You take care and let us know if you ever need anything else Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kaz.  It's the speed that's the killer improvement for me - and very welcome.  All of the others ok but not rocket science.  AppleTV, Netflix and the rest have all had similar for a long long time.  Recording 6 TV shows at the same time, whilst very clever feels like overkill.  There's not enough quality TV on where 6 top shows clash at once for timings!  :-)

4K content - it's missing!!!

0 Kudos
pezza4u
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to jump on your thread we've just got the same error message on the box in the lounge, yet the V6 box in the bedroom is ok. I can only watch recordings and no live TV.

This box is connected via wifi and the box in the bedroom by ethernet, it was installed about 5 weeks a go and has been more or less ok the whole time. Apart from having to reboot the box once or twice and a show not recording properly.

Is there anything I can try before phoning up or will this sort itself out?

0 Kudos
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mine turned out to be network connection related.  The engineer had insisted on connecting to the non-5GHz wireless network which when I check didn't get a full internet connection (which was odd because it had 2 days earlier and the connection is working for other devices).  Changing to the 5GHz wireless one which is the main one I use, all worked.

Something similar?  What kind of wireless network is the one in the lounge connected to?

0 Kudos