Menu
BebRoadLads
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New V6 TiVo box

I'm desperate for the new TiVo box because mine works so slowly it takes minutes rather than seconds to navigate to the Home screen and then an age to wait for the HD channel list to come up.

It's got that frustrating I'm thinking of leaving Virgin because my contract is nearly due for renewal.

Has anyone got any info on this new box?  Is it worth the wait or is it time to finally say goodbye to Virgin and move to EE broadband with a simple YouView box instead??

Any insider info gratefully received.

Cheers,

Clive

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 TiVo box

My TiVo box is really really slow too, there are a few thing to try that may help make you box run a little faster, it is only temporary though and the box slow again in a daybor two.  I too am considering leaving Virgin Media because of the speed of the TiVo box, this has only been an issue since the last system update.  Virgin have also just increased their prices which means we call all leave mid contract.

BebRoadLads
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I've done all the obvious re-booting and refreshing but you are right, within a day or two it goes back to working like a steam boat rather than a fighter jet ... or should the be The Bolt!

At any rate, a few friends have taken the advantage of being able to leave and have invested in YouView boxes and are happier now.  I just don't want the hassle when the service should be right in the first place.

HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Im currently in discussion with my landlord about getting the dreaded dish. I really hope Virgin sort it out as I really like what they do. But this TiVo issue is silly, I can make a brew in the time my box takes to respond.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The new box is supposedly pretty nippy ie netflix loads in a few seconds, haven't seen it in action myself and Virgin will remain silent

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't see VM just giving the new box to all it's customers. I'm sure there will be a premium to pay.
0 Kudos
Paul_I
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mine is slow too.

An engineer said it is because it gets hot being on all day. 

As for a V6 box - you need to register an interest to try and get one. I have done so already but I rather suspect there is little chance of it coming to  my house, despite me having a 4K TV to take advantage of its features.

Paul_I
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OH by the way - one way to improve your Tivi speed is to do the following on your remote control:

Press in this order:

Home

Red thumb button

Green thumb button

Play button

Play button

Try it and you'll see it works.

0 Kudos