Menu
ianward
Dialled in
Message 1 of 67
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo

Hello, according to the VM Corporate Twitter, this is the new TIVO box called Virgin TV TV6,

IanTIVO.jpg

0 Kudos
LoneSpeaker
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo

Looks nice doesn't it Smiley Happy  Only 4K netflix and 4K youtube confirmed so far, but it must surely do 4K Sky too.. also hope it's not going to cost a fortune to upgrade to, time will tell....

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Surely they will have to show the 4K channels like BT sports etc,otherwise what is the point?

I really hope we can get it soon and that it will work better than the TiVo. I spoke to someone in the executive team and told them I was disappointed with TiVo but was looking forward to the updated one

Virgin - please can you give us more info on when we can get it? Both sky and BT have it ready and in place for the new season whilst we haven't
Message 4 of 67
Flag for a moderator

We have confirmed that the box will be called the Virgin TV V6 and it is of course powered by TiVo.  It is 4K UHD ready on Netflix and You Tube.  Apart from that we are not releasing any further details at this stage, but please stay tuned, because there will be more news to come.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Not sure why we can't have more info and whether we will get 4K channels etc etc

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 67
Flag for a moderator

..because they're not ready to provide further information, no matter how much you and everyone else are wanting to know.

anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 67
Flag for a moderator

It's frustrating that it's happening in bits rather than doing it one. Football season starts Saturday and I would love to watch it in 4K but we just have to be patient I guess
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 8 of 67
Flag for a moderator

It would be nice if there is a service to transfer unwatched recordings from your existing Tivo!

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Dialled in
Message 9 of 67
Flag for a moderator

I heard its same version of Tivo as now only with 4k apps like youtube if you pay more. This is termporary until they make non tivo software that runs on the same box !!! Virgin say Tivo is now as good as Sky Q as it has pictures in on demand.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 10 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Massive price hike announced.for it £200 for existing customers plus £15 extra every month !!!!!!

0 Kudos